Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Feedback

Feedback

Luca

Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will appreciate
any constructive feedback

Thanks!

dylan

"Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d7mvds$df4$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
> appreciate any constructive feedback
>
> Thanks!

nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.

Cheers

Rigol

I'm guessing that the web address is just what's called a 'watermark'
and only exists on the web version to prevent people from fleecing the
images.

I think the photos are variable but mostly great. I love the one
across the shallow water with the rocks and blue sky - lovely
composition. Wish I was as good.

Mike

Luca

Yep Probably you are correct we can lower the resolution and remove the
watermark!

I know it spoils everything...but we had images stolen before.....not only
that (that at the end of the day are still reasonably low res uimages) but
they were using the images on our server creating traffic and no
sales//results

Thanks!

"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d7mvrk$hsc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d7mvds$df4$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
>> appreciate any constructive feedback
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
> across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
> anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.
>
> Cheers

jimkramer

"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d7mvrk$hsc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d7mvds$df4$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
>> appreciate any constructive feedback
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
> across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
> anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.
>
> Cheers

Someone just swiped a 640x480 image of mine to use in a half page print ad
in a magazine. People will steal anything not tied down and watermarked.

I did enjoy the images.

Jim Kramer

Brad

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:16:00 +0000 (UTC), "Luca"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yep Probably you are correct we can lower the resolution and remove the
>watermark!
>
>I know it spoils everything...but we had images stolen before.....not only
>that (that at the end of the day are still reasonably low res uimages) but
>they were using the images on our server creating traffic and no
>sales//results
>
>Thanks!
>

>"dylan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:d7mvrk$hsc$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d7mvds$df4$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
>>> appreciate any constructive feedback
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
>> across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
>> anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.
>>
>> Cheers

Yes its a tough call but you gotta keep in mind that you have them on
the website so that prospective clients can see your work at near your
best and subconsciously the pictures lose some of their magic .....I
have seen things that just didn't allow the copy feature without
marking up the picture but maybe these thieves are more advanced than
just using the copy feature huh......??

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Luca

Started to remove the watermark from the two main galleries ....job is done
automatically by the software and I do not have to do it !

Marco