Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70 compatible w/ Nikon 35mm lenses?

Nikon D70 compatible w/ Nikon 35mm lenses?

kombi45@yahoo.com

Roger wrote:
> On 1 Jun 2005 19:38:10 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >I'm pretty sure that Nikon's digital SLR's are compatible with their
> >traditional 35mm lenses, but I wanted to make sure. I have an N80 w/
> >the Nikkor AF 28-80mm lens and am looking to add digital to the mix.
> >At bhphotovideo.com I can grab the D70 (USA) body for a pretty
> >"reasonable" sum, and then just switch lenses as I see fit or until I
> >can justify purchasing a zoom, or possibly macro, lens. Is this
> >do-able?
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Ben

> Ben,
>
> Seems like there's been a lot of good advise and input on this thread
> already. I want to reinforce the suggestion of the D70 with kit lens
> choice. There's a current listing on B&H for the D70 with 18-70mm
> Nikkor for about $900 after rebate. That's only a $220 premium for the
> lens. It's an excellent lens and will outperform your current lens.
>
> Anyway, my input.
>
> Roger

Thanks Roger. I will check that out - BTW, is it the USA or grey
market camera/lens kit?

Ben

Roger

On 1 Jun 2005 19:38:10 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm pretty sure that Nikon's digital SLR's are compatible with their
>traditional 35mm lenses, but I wanted to make sure. I have an N80 w/
>the Nikkor AF 28-80mm lens and am looking to add digital to the mix.
>At bhphotovideo.com I can grab the D70 (USA) body for a pretty
>"reasonable" sum, and then just switch lenses as I see fit or until I
>can justify purchasing a zoom, or possibly macro, lens. Is this
>do-able?

I purchased a 28 - 105 f 3.5 - 4.5 D Nikor close focus lens last
week. It is designed for the 35s but works just great on the D-70
Great enough that I may start using it as the standard lens on the
D-70 instead of the kit lens. I would like it to be a bit faster, but
the sharpness is outstanding and it'll focus to within about 4 inches.
I can also still use it on my 35s for those occasions where I still
shoot film.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

..