Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > remove noise/hotpixel ?

remove noise/hotpixel ?

aa_2005_aa@btinternet.com

I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
(4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

tia.

jere7my tho?rpe

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
> which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
> (4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
> an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
> to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

GraphicConverter will do that for you.

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
(440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings

Ed Ruf

On 30 May 2005 10:00:07 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
>which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
>(4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
>an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
>to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

Hot Pixel Killer for jpgs.:
http://www.girder.nl/hpk/index.php
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

Trapezium

"Ed Ruf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 30 May 2005 10:00:07 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
>>which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
>>(4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
>>an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
>>to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?

> Hot Pixel Killer for jpgs.:
> http://www.girder.nl/hpk/index.php

That looks like a handy programme - pity that it hasn't been available for
(at least) months

Anyone know if it's still online somewhere?

Marius

Freeware alternative:
http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/hotpixels.htm

Marius

Trapezium

"Marius" <nieuws*takeaway*@hrl.dosgg.nl> wrote in message
news:429c33f9$0$806$(E-Mail Removed) t.nl...
> Freeware alternative:
> http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/hotpixels.htm
>
> Marius

Thanks very much for that link - greatly appreciated.

beuzet

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1117472406.965463.214270
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am looking for a software that can remove hotpixels
> which I get on my camera when I make long exposures
> (4seconds or more) The software must be able to take
> an extra blank image and subtract it from the original
> to remove the hot pixels, any ideas?
>
> tia.

Maybe:

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/hotpixels.htm