Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

George Preddy

"Ric Trexell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
> (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
> erase your photos.

Leave it to Canon to do something like that!

Craig Marston

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965DF101A7C0FxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.3 0...
> "Ric Trexell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
>> (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
>> erase your photos.

> Leave it to Canon to do something like that!

I shall telephone my friend at once and tell him to ditch his Canon gear as
it's clearly useless. Ooh, what about all the other professionals that use
Canon? Maybe I should alert the authorities...

I'm so glad I haven't got any shares in Canon, what with it looking like
they'll go into administration now.

Thanks George!

I'm going to have a strong cup of coffee now.
Craig.

TAFKAB

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965DF101A7C0FxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.3 0...
> "Ric Trexell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
>> (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
>> erase your photos.

> Leave it to Canon to do something like that!

Give them credit for isolating the problem, and letting those very few users
who combine those conditions to avoid it until the fix is out. It's a
combination of shooting raw+jpeg, and then trying to review while it's
writing to a Lexar card. I use Sandisk, and tried to duplicate the problem
in my 20D, and couldn't.

thithilir3r@jetable.org

GP has just been released from his psychiatric ward, and he's active
again...Sauve qui peut !