Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

George Preddy

"Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

Roy

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965DEF96D278DxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.3 0...
> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>
>> If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

Hi there George.

You seem to be quite active in posting replies, but they all seem to be very
similar in content.

Would it not be more efficient and save considerable amounts of your time,
if you made up a few "Standard Replies", and gave them numbers. Then you
could just reply "GP - 4" etc, and we would all know what you meant.

Roy G

Andrew Venor

George Preddy wrote:

> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>

>>If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

And yet my local camera store has a new SD10 in the display case for
months now and they still haven't been able to sell it even though they
have marked it down by 45% off their first price.

ALV

Nostrobino

"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UB0ke.12979$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns965DEF96D278DxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.3 0...
>> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>>
>>> If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

>> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
>> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
>> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
>> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
>> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

> Hi there George.
>
> You seem to be quite active in posting replies, but they all seem to be
> very similar in content.

I'm beginning to notice that myself.

> Would it not be more efficient and save considerable amounts of your time,
> if you made up a few "Standard Replies", and gave them numbers. Then you
> could just reply "GP - 4" etc, and we would all know what you meant.

GUFFAW!

N.

Tony

Preddy is a troll. He does not own a camera and does not care what lies
he tells. The Sigma DSLRs, produce bad pictures because of a fourth rate
sensor and general poor construction.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965DEF96D278DxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.3 0...
> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>
> > If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

Sheldon

"Andrew Venor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> George Preddy wrote:
>
>> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>>>If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

>> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
>> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
>> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
>> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
>> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

> And yet my local camera store has a new SD10 in the display case for
> months now and they still haven't been able to sell it even though they
> have marked it down by 45% off their first price.
>
> ALV

I think most people see Sigma cameras and lenses as inferior to brands like
Nikon and Canon. Any reviews to the otherwise?