Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how much ram for entire i'net bgp table?

how much ram for entire i'net bgp table?

John Smith

how much ram would i need to comfortably house the entire internet routing
table?

TIA

Igor Mamuzic

John,

In O'Reilly's "Cisco Cookbook" they claim that you shouldn't mess with the
full internet table if your router don't has at least a 100 megs of RAM.
According to this book each routing prefix consumes about 1 KB, but you need
to have enough room for routing table, CEF table and BGP table.

B.R.
Igor

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> how much ram would i need to comfortably house the entire internet routing
> table?
>
> TIA

www.networking-forum.com

With 2 full tables and soft-reconfiguration inbound, go with 256MB of
DRAM.

Regards,
Steve
www.networking-forum.com

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> how much ram would i need to comfortably house the entire internet routing
> table?
>
> TIA

Barry Margolin

In article <vZU9f.11799$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"www.networking-forum.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> With 2 full tables and soft-reconfiguration inbound, go with 256MB of
> DRAM.

Is there still any need for "soft-reconfiguration inbound"? Cisco
redesigned soft reconfiguration a few years ago so it didn't require the
receiver to keep extra data.

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA