Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ripped off

ripped off

disoba@gmail.com

I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
best buy store in Miami fl.
this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
the camera I discover that there is not such thing.

I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
let me down this time.

John Tucker

The bar code or UPC is located on the box in which the camera was packaged.
This is for inventory purposes so the mfg. would not hide it inside the
camera but make it visible on the box. Clip the UPC from the box, attach to
the rebate form, and resubmit. It should be fine.

--
John Tucker

> I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look
> at the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

Owamanga

On 16 May 2005 07:57:03 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
>best buy store in Miami fl.
>this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
>day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
>apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
>the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
>I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
>let me down this time.

Eh? UPC is usually on the camera box, not the camera itself. You are
supposed to get an exacto knife and cut it off the box, send it in
with the rebate paperwork.

You know what a bar-code looks like right? Every store product sold in
the modernized world has one, it's the thing they scan at the checkout
so the computer knows what the item is.

Why would you send in a rebate application that was incomplete ?
That's just a waste of a stamp...

Why would you then complain when they reject it?

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Jim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
> the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

The UPC is located on the box. It would be useless on the camera.
Jim

Thomas T. Veldhouse

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
> the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

Alright .. now I see you posting the same article with another subject
header and you post it several times. I am beginning to think you a
troll. Please correct me.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Spammers please contact me at (E-Mail Removed).

Mark B.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
> the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

Wow, so not only couldn't you post it just once under one subject heading,
you had to start another thread. I can't find a reason to be surprised
about your rebate problem.

Mark

Ron Hunter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
> the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

The barcode is from the BOX, not the camera. If you can't even
understand this basic aspect of modern life, you have no business with a
digital camera.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Bubbabob

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I recently purchase a digital camera, a card,travel case all fuji, at
> best buy store in Miami fl.
> this product came with a mail rebate of 60 dollars, I send it and 30
> day later came back unqualified because it din't have the upc wich
> apparently is a bar code locaded in the camera .after a careful look at
> the camera I discover that there is not such thing.
>
> I found that very dishonest, I have allway use fujifilm products, it
> let me down this time.

Fuji stiffed me on $40 worth of rebates on a couple of spindles of CD's 2
years ago. I haven't bought a Fuji product since and probably never will
again.

DFS

> Alright .. now I see you posting the same article with another subject
> header and you post it several times. I am beginning to think you a
> troll. Please correct me.

Not a troll - just a freaking idiot!