Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sigma 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC

Sigma 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC

Michael Beacom

Hi-

Does anyone have any experience with the Sigma 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC?
I'll be using it with Canon 10D.

I'm more interested in bang for the buck, than ultimate performance.

Also- will it work with a film body? I realize the picture will have
dark corners. Still, It might be an interesting effect.

Cheers
Mike

Marek M. \rogus\

Michael Beacom napisał(a):
> Does anyone have any experience with the Sigma 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC?
> I'll be using it with Canon 10D.
> I'm more interested in bang for the buck, than ultimate performance.

Yeah I can see. Geeee You've got 10d and want to arm it withs this weak
lens. Ohhh common...

There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
instance in Tamron 28-75/2.. As far as I am concerned it's preforming
slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
forget about buying it.

Regards,
rogus

Marius

I hope you understand a little bit of the German language:
A comparison of the Canon and Sigma lenses on
http://www.digitalfan.de/sig1850.html

Cheers,

Marius

Bill Tuthill

"Marek M. \"rogus\"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
> better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
> instance in Tamron 28-75/2.. As far as I am concerned it's preforming
> slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
> forget about buying it.

Unlike Sigma, where it's difficult to keep returning bad samples
until you get a good one, brick-and-mortar camera stores will usually
work with you until you're satisfied with a Tamron or Tokina lens.

Michael Beacom

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill Tuthill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Marek M. \"rogus\"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
> > better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
> > instance in Tamron 28-75/2.. As far as I am concerned it's preforming
> > slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
> > forget about buying it.

Well- I stopped by the local camera store yesterday, and found a used
Tamron 19-35/3.5-4.5 lens for $110. So I took a chance and bought it.
The first few pictures look good- I think it's a keeper.

Thanks-
Mike

Digital Delta-Sigma DAC Davy VHDL 10 04-14-2007 09:16 PM
Sigma or OEM Sigma as Quantaray Mikevt1 Digital Photography 4 10-17-2006 10:04 AM
Sigma 18-125/3,5-5,6 and Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro IIusers friglob Digital Photography 3 02-06-2006 08:12 PM
Sigma 24-60 DG compare with sigma 24-70 DG rolento Digital Photography 1 11-13-2004 02:40 AM
6th sigma? glunk Java 0 07-14-2004 03:32 PM

Advertisments