Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera acting as Web Camera wont read images

Camera acting as Web Camera wont read images

geoffatmhg

I have had and used for some time a Fuji F601 Zoom.

Today it went crazy. Every time I switch it on in its cradle, the lens opens
and it acts as a video conference link or a web camera. It fails to
recognise any images on the smart card although works perfectly out of its
cradle as a camera showing me images I have taken

I am running Windows XP Home with SP2 and have never had a problem with it
before.

When switched on in its cradle, I get a message that it is "Starting up
Picture Hello" My Zonealarm Firewall tells me that Windows Net Meeting is
trying to act as a server and the program responsible is conf.exe.

I have uninstalled the Fuji drivers and viewing software and re-installed to
no avail.

Also I notice that although Windows recognises "New Hardware" I has not
allocated a drive letter for the camera as I believe it did previously.

Has anyone any ideas please.

TIA

Geoff
--
Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line

ASAAR

On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:53:38 +0000 (UTC), geoffatmhg wrote:

> When switched on in its cradle, I get a message that it is "Starting up
> Picture Hello" My Zonealarm Firewall tells me that Windows Net Meeting is
> trying to act as a server and the program responsible is conf.exe.
>
> I have uninstalled the Fuji drivers and viewing software and re-installed to
> no avail.

It sounds like your computer has been configured to allow using the
Fuji as a web camera, and the camera is contributing to the problem.
You or someone else probably used it recently as a web cam, not
necessarily with your computer. I have a different Fuji camera, and
while I've never used it as a web cam, the manual shows that there's
a menu option to turn the camera's DSC (mass storage device, aka
flash card) mode off, and enable Web Cam mode instead. See if you
can find a similar option in your camera's setup menu, which should
allow you to return it back to normal functionality.

geoffatmhg

Thanks for your help. There is a reset option which has cured the problem.

I am grateful for your advice.

Geoff

--
Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:14:41 +0000 (UTC), geoffatmhg wrote:

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Firefox wont display images or pages correctly. Have Photos justjacka Firefox 0 08-16-2009 01:03 PM
wont start,wont stop hunty Computer Support 4 06-04-2006 05:26 PM
EJB acting as a Web Service Jerry Java 2 08-29-2005 01:38 PM
Off topic, but my read only in winxp wont change... manokumar ASP .Net 3 10-18-2003 06:47 PM
Web site wont work correctly on web site Tiddley-Pom HTML 5 10-15-2003 07:20 AM

Advertisments