Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 20D Firmware Upgrade V2.0.0

Canon 20D Firmware Upgrade V2.0.0

Russell

Has anyone upgraded from version 1.1.0 to 2.0.0? Any problems?

Also , is it worthwhile unless you plan to use the wireless file transmitter
WFT-E1? Or are there 'hidden' improvements?

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html

John A. Stovall

On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:50:20 +0100, "Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Has anyone upgraded from version 1.1.0 to 2.0.0? Any problems?
>
>Also , is it worthwhile unless you plan to use the wireless file transmitter
>WFT-E1? Or are there 'hidden' improvements?

Did the day after it was out. No problems. Why not keep current with
your firmware?

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
read only a page."

Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

UrbanVoyeur

Russell wrote:
> Has anyone upgraded from version 1.1.0 to 2.0.0? Any problems?
>
> Also , is it worthwhile unless you plan to use the wireless file transmitter
> WFT-E1? Or are there 'hidden' improvements?
>
> http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html

No problems at all.

www.urbanvoyeur.com

james

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
UrbanVoyeur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No problems at all.

"It works for me" is okay information, but the question is,
are there any changes other than those specifically mentioned by Canon?

james

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John A. Stovall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did the day after it was out. No problems. Why not keep current with
>your firmware?

The doctrine of "if it works, don't fix it."

And the question is not "does the update break anything?"
The question is, are there any changes other than those listed in the
release notes? Another question is, "are there any actual problems
associated with using 1.1.0, and exactly what are those problems?"

John A. Stovall

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:13:51 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (james)
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>UrbanVoyeur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>No problems at all.

>"It works for me" is okay information, but the question is,
>are there any changes other than those specifically mentioned by Canon?

And if Canon doesn't document them just how are you going to find
them?

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

TAFKAB

I had one problem, one that's been experienced by manu users who frequent
the DP Review forums. I began the upgrade, and it froze at 94%. It stayed
there until I pulled the battery, reinserted it, and started again. Then it
completed normally and the camera works fine.

"Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone upgraded from version 1.1.0 to 2.0.0? Any problems?
>
> Also , is it worthwhile unless you plan to use the wireless file
> transmitter
> WFT-E1? Or are there 'hidden' improvements?
>
> http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html

SamSez

"TAFKAB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:428533ef$0$64404$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> I had one problem, one that's been experienced by manu users who frequent
> the DP Review forums. I began the upgrade, and it froze at 94%. It stayed
> there until I pulled the battery, reinserted it, and started again. Then it
> completed normally and the camera works fine.
>
> "Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone upgraded from version 1.1.0 to 2.0.0? Any problems?
> >
> > Also , is it worthwhile unless you plan to use the wireless file
> > transmitter
> > WFT-E1? Or are there 'hidden' improvements?
> >
> > http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html

I had the same freeze at 94%. Second time, it seems to have gone fine.

I sure wish these guys would get their act together with firmware upgrades. My
heart can't take too much of this crap....

james

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John A. Stovall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And if Canon doesn't document them just how are you going to find
>them?

Someone who knows will share what they know?

I mean, there are people out there hacking Canon firmware,
so why would it be far-fetched to know whether someone has
the answer here?

John A. Stovall

On Sat, 14 May 2005 01:00:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (james)
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>John A. Stovall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>And if Canon doesn't document them just how are you going to find
>>them?

>Someone who knows will share what they know?
>
>I mean, there are people out there hacking Canon firmware,
>so why would it be far-fetched to know whether someone has
>the answer here?

Nobody seems to be hacking the 20D firmware.

"The past is foreign country: they do things differently there."

_The Go-Between_
L.P. Hartley
1895 - 1972