Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Synchronization

Synchronization

dah_dah

Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
disimilar cameras?
I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

Ron Hunter

dah_dah wrote:
> Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
> disimilar cameras?
> I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
> camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

MitchAlsup@aol.com

You can get a wireless remote shutter control and use one controller to
fire both cameras.

You can also buy two wired remotes and wire them into a single control
button that fires both cameras.

kashe@sonic.net

On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:46:41 GMT, "dah_dah" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
>disimilar cameras?
>I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
>camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

Unless the subjects ae in motion, or you

Matt Silberstein

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:07:33 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
<(E-Mail Removed)> in <GTyge.6075$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>dah_dah wrote:
>> Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
>> disimilar cameras?
>> I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
>> camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.
>>

>I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
>and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

I never thought of this, but does having two "dissimilar" cameras
help, hurt, or have no affect on the stereo effect? I can't determine
it logically and I don't feel like the work to experiment. Our eyes
are slightly different, so the different cameras could help. I
suspect that it makes no difference since the different position would
overwhelm the subtler differences. (Wow, three uses of "different" in
one sentence. Ok, "ugh" would be more appropriate than "wow".)

--
Matt Silberstein

synchronization Firefox 0 04-12-2005 03:44 PM
System Time synchronization arcvonz ASP .Net 2 08-23-2004 10:17 PM
regarding synchronization prav VHDL 5 02-21-2004 10:14 AM
More synchronization problems Simon VHDL 1 01-09-2004 04:20 PM
Flip Flop Synchronization John VHDL 3 01-05-2004 05:58 PM

Advertisments