Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > eos 20d image sizes

eos 20d image sizes

Rob

I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

Bill Hilton

>I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different
>settings, what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

Shooting RAW at low ISO (100-200) with a similar sized Canon (1D M II)
I typically get about 125-130 images per GB. Higher ISO RAW images
would give fewer since they are noiser and don't compress as well in
RAW format. Maybe ~100 at ISO 800, for example.

Jpegs are much smaller and you can store several times more jpegs than
RAWs on the same sized card.

Dave Herzstein

Rob wrote:

> I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
> what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

http://canonusa.com/html/canonindex.html
Drill down to 20D product support and download the manual in PDF format.
See pages 46-48.

-Dave

Rob

On 11 May 2005 04:50:38 -0700, "Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different
>>settings, what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

>Shooting RAW at low ISO (100-200) with a similar sized Canon (1D M II)
>I typically get about 125-130 images per GB. Higher ISO RAW images
>would give fewer since they are noiser and don't compress as well in
>RAW format. Maybe ~100 at ISO 800, for example.
>
>Jpegs are much smaller and you can store several times more jpegs than
>RAWs on the same sized card.

thank you Bill.

Rob

On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:36:38 -0700, Dave Herzstein
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rob wrote:
>>
>> I'm contemplating a eos 20d camera and wonder at different settings,
>> what I might expect a 1gig CF card to hold in # images?

>http://canonusa.com/html/canonindex.html
>Drill down to 20D product support and download the manual in PDF format.
>See pages 46-48.
>
>-Dave

thank you Dave.

nk

I have the 20d. On a 2 gig card here is what I would get.
Jpeg setting 513
RAW 219
RAW & Jpeg 153