Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My Picks

My Picks

tcom123456@yahoo.com

After many months of pouring over web page after web page, and
countless visits to various manufacturers websites, I have finally
come up with this webpage. It's not pretty, or filled nonsensical
animated gifs or advertisements. It's just a email correspondence
turned web page for the common good.

I call it, "Real Reviews by Real People"
http://mbdynip.dyndns.org/html/dcameras/

One limiting factor that went into my decision is I wanted a digital
camera that offered video capture with the following specifications:

640 x 480
MPEG-4 format (AVI, not MOV)
30 fps (15 fps may suffice)
No length limits
Full audio support

Many cameras offer QuickTime movie format, but my school of thought on
that is Apple is very restrictive with it's patent of that format. If
you're not happy with Apple's video editing tools, you can't go out to
any freeware sites and find a different tool that more suits your
needs. There are many more video editing tools available at sf.net
and other freeware/GPL sites for the MPEG-4 standard. With that said,
I hope you find my reviews of digital cameras helpful.