Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Pix 501 user cannot access internet ever 30 to 40 min

Pix 501 user cannot access internet ever 30 to 40 min

rfulgham

Internal users cannot access the internet at times. I check the pix and
from the inside interface I cannot ping the internal IP addresses until
I either reboot the pix or shutdown and restart the inside interface.
Once restarted everyone can access the internet for a period of time
until the issues happens again.

Peter Simons

rfulgham wrote:
> Internal users cannot access the internet at times. I check the pix and
> from the inside interface I cannot ping the internal IP addresses until
> I either reboot the pix or shutdown and restart the inside interface.
> Once restarted everyone can access the internet for a period of time
> until the issues happens again.

IS the fire wall an unlimited licence ?

Peter

DigitalVinyl

"rfulgham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Internal users cannot access the internet at times. I check the pix and
>from the inside interface I cannot ping the internal IP addresses until
>I either reboot the pix or shutdown and restart the inside interface.
>Once restarted everyone can access the internet for a period of time
>until the issues happens again.

check the log of the pic (sho log).
The license limit is a definite possibility. How many IPs are
accessing the internet from inside.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Merv

Which version of PIX OS is being used ?

rfulgham

It is not unlimited, but we have 50 lic installed. We have about 13
active internal IP address.

mrucker@gmx.de

Maybe a douple used ip-address ?

Merv