Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > B-17 and B-24 photo gallery

Reply
Thread Tools

B-17 and B-24 photo gallery

 
 
Birk Binnard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2005
For those of you who love warbirds please take a look at my latest
gallery of B-17 and B-24 photos. The direct link is
http://www.birkbinnard.com/photography/warbirds.

As usual all comments are welcome. Enjoy.
--
Birk Binnard
http://www.birkbinnard.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mike regish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2005
Nice shots!

I tok a ride in "909" a couple of years ago. It was with a different B-24,
though. That one had a dragon on it. I can't remember its name.

You gave me a lot of ideas on shots I should have gotten. I was shooting
film then, though, and had to limit my numbers.

mike

"Birk Binnard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Jy_ee.6448$D91.1370@fed1read01...
> For those of you who love warbirds please take a look at my latest gallery
> of B-17 and B-24 photos. The direct link is
> http://www.birkbinnard.com/photography/warbirds.
>
> As usual all comments are welcome. Enjoy.
> --
> Birk Binnard
> http://www.birkbinnard.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
denis@boisclair.freeserve.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2005
Birk Binnard wrote:
> For those of you who love warbirds please take a look at my latest
> gallery of B-17 and B-24 photos. The direct link is
> http://www.birkbinnard.com/photography/warbirds.


These are excellent photos with closeups which make a tremendous
impact:shots of the interiors of B17s and B24s are fairly unusual and I
found them fascinating.

I am old enough to remeber WW2, which I spent in East
Anglia(Newmarket)1939-1945 as an evacuee from London, when enormous
formations of these aircraft en route to, or returning from,
Europe,leaving hundreds of contrails at a great height, were a regular
sight; very thrilling!

I recall spending an exciting time exploring a B17E which had made a
forced landing in a field, due to battle damage; the block of
multi-layered glass forming the tailgunners window had been hit by a
number of bullets which had not penetrated very far - fortunately for
the gunner!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Coryell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2005
The Dragon and It's Tail (nee All-America). My dad was tail gunner on
a -24 during WWII... I saw it in Portsmouth, NH a few years ago.

mike regish wrote:
> Nice shots!
>
> I tok a ride in "909" a couple of years ago. It was with a different B-24,
> though. That one had a dragon on it. I can't remember its name.
>
> You gave me a lot of ideas on shots I should have gotten. I was shooting
> film then, though, and had to limit my numbers.
>
> mike
>
> "Birk Binnard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Jy_ee.6448$D91.1370@fed1read01...
>
>>For those of you who love warbirds please take a look at my latest gallery
>>of B-17 and B-24 photos. The direct link is
>>http://www.birkbinnard.com/photography/warbirds.
>>
>>As usual all comments are welcome. Enjoy.
>>--
>>Birk Binnard
>>http://www.birkbinnard.com

>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
mike regish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2005
That's the one! I saw it at Keene. Just happened to be flying in there for
lunch when I noticed them parked at another ramp. They had a seat on the
B-17 and took plastic. Spent most of my ride in the nose bubble, flying low
over the NH hills.

mike

"Bruce Coryell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RP3fe.4170$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Dragon and It's Tail (nee All-America). My dad was tail gunner on
> a -24 during WWII... I saw it in Portsmouth, NH a few years ago.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GRATIS FREE: Your online Archive and Photo Gallery! z.zini@email.it Digital Photography 0 03-01-2006 01:12 PM
GRATIS FREE: Your online Archive and Photo Gallery! z.zini@email.it Digital Photography 0 02-23-2006 11:54 AM
Photo Gallery with next and previous buttons msnews ASP .Net 4 05-31-2005 11:00 AM
ot: Can you recommend a good non-free webhost for photo gallery and more Sharon Everett Digital Photography 9 02-14-2004 01:24 AM



Advertisments