Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Always carry a camera ...Doh!

Always carry a camera ...Doh!

Tumbleweed

I always carry a camera.
But yesterday I was in too much of a hurry, so the dogs got a fast walk and
the camera stayed at home.
Just as the walk was ending I heard a tremendous cacophony of birds
alarming.
Next thing, a buzzard landed on a branch 20 yards in front, and almost level
with my eyes. (It was down-slope)
When I looked through my binoculars (hardly necessary) I could see a
fledgling in its beak. A pair of Magpies were mobbing it, but it sat there
calmly for over a minute while it gulped its meal down.
Then, swoosh! It was gone.
And so was one of the best 'photo opportunities of my life.
Doh! (