Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > NON-TRIPOD support for long lens

NON-TRIPOD support for long lens

Bob Williams

> Earlier today I asked about support for a long lens. You kindly
> referred me to places featuring tripods and accessories (B&H, Bogen,
> Really Right Stuff). All of these had a variety of solutions, all
> involving tripods. What i was looking for, and did not make clear in
> the originaal message, was that I was looking for ways of providing
> some support that does not involve a tripod. I cannot take a tripod
> along. I have seen references to brackets or handles that provide some
> steadiness for the hand-held camera. The question is, where can I find
> such things for sale?
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Mark Schupack

I have successfully used two alternatives.
1.) A "Bean bag"
2.) A "C" clamp with a 1/4x20 bolt Welded/Soldered/Epoxied to the
clamp. The bolt screws into the tripod socket of the camera or
the long lens.
Bob Williams