Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New Epson wide format fine art printers

New Epson wide format fine art printers

Bill Hilton

Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
and 13" wide respectively).

Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
.... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.

Bill

deryck lant

The message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>
from "Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
> for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
> perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
> new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
> and 13" wide respectively).

> Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
> printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
> .... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking seriously about the new HP Designjet
90 - but now I'll wait and see what the 4800 is like.

Deryck

Jim Waggener

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
> for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
> perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
> new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
> and 13" wide respectively).
>
> Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
> printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
> ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
>
> Bill

I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
line flush. Like the 4000.

Jim

Bill Hilton

>Jim Waggener writes
>
>I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black
>without a line flush. Like the 4000.

I would sure hope so since that's a big advantage of the 4000 but it
wasn't clear in the article ... here's the exact quote where they talk
about the ink set ... "These printers using the K3 inks will now have a
new eight-color pigment ink set, including photo or matte black, a
light black and light, light black plus cyan, magenta, yellow, light
cyan and light magenta inks."

So basically adding "light, light black", which makes it easier to
print neutral black-whites in a special mode.

Bill

deryck lant

The message <427e5e4e$1_1@127.0.0.1>
from "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> "Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
> > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
> > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
> > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
> > and 13" wide respectively).
> >
> > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
> > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
> > ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
> >
> > Bill

> I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
> line flush. Like the 4000.

In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

More on the other new Epsons:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

Deryck

deryck lant

The message <(E-Mail Removed)>
from deryck lant <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> The message <427e5e4e$1_1@127.0.0.1>
> from "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> > "Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
> > > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
> > > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
> > > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
> > > and 13" wide respectively).
> > >
> > > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
> > > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
> > > ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
> > >
> > > Bill

> > I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
> > line flush. Like the 4000.

> In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
> black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

> More on the other new Epsons:

> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

The new 2400 is similar to the 1800 and has 9 ink cartidges fitted.

http://luminous-landscape.com/review...-Preview.shtml

Deryck

Jim Waggener

>> In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
>> black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

>> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

>> More on the other new Epsons:

>> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

> The new 2400 is similar to the 1800 and has 9 ink cartidges fitted.
>
> http://luminous-landscape.com/review...-Preview.shtml
>
> Deryck

I own the 7600, I wonder if I will be able to use the new K3 inks in it.

Jim