Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Yet another photo-organizer????

Yet another photo-organizer????

KO

Hi all,

A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
(i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
per upload).

For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
texts for each photo.

If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
needs or....

Thanks all,
KO.

Ron Hunter

KO wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
> started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
> photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
> description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
> on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
> the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
> newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
> (i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
> But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
> organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
> per upload).
>
> For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
> organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
> requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
> discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
> photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
> want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
> see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
> texts for each photo.
>
> If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
> I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
> of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
> reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
> needs or....
>
> Thanks all,
> KO.

Check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. It contains just about
everything you need to organize, and edit your photos in one reasonably
priced package.
So, unless you can beat what they have, you might have a lot of trouble
making any money.

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Beck

"KO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
> started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
> photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
> description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
> on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
> the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
> newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
> (i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
> But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
> organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
> per upload).
>
> For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
> organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
> requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
> discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
> photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
> want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
> see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
> texts for each photo.
>
> If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
> I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
> of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
> reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
> needs or....

I will give it a go. I don't do much by way of organising my pictures, but
I will test it out for you for any bugs or issues if you like. email me
my_bulkmail AT btopenworld.com

Beck

"Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Uy4ee.37122$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. It contains just about everything
> you need to organize, and edit your photos in one reasonably priced
> package.
> So, unless you can beat what they have, you might have a lot of trouble
> making any money.

While Elements is a good program and has plenty of features, not everybody
wants all those features and not everybody wants to pay for features they do
not use. The only image manipulation I do is image resizing, I do not need
a huge power hungry program like Elements.

JD

Speaking about yourself Russell?

Jean.

"Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> Idiot.
>

> "KO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
>> started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
>> photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
>> description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
>> on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
>> the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
>> newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
>> (i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
>> But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
>> organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
>> per upload).
>>
>> For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
>> organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
>> requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
>> discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
>> photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
>> want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
>> see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
>> texts for each photo.
>>
>> If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
>> I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
>> of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
>> reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
>> needs or....
>>
>> Thanks all,
>> KO.

Russell

Nope. The OP (or you if you are the OP)

"(i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg")." "The only
thing I want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program
and see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
texts for each photo."

Now how has the OP managed to develop some software which can tell what a
bitmapped image is and name it accordingly? Low budget Bitmap Image
recognition? Mmmm! Don't think so.

"JD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42792711$0$11698$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Speaking about yourself Russell?
>
> Jean.
>

> "Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Idiot.
> >

> > "KO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
> >> started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
> >> photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
> >> description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
> >> on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
> >> the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
> >> newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
> >> (i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
> >> But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
> >> organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
> >> per upload).
> >>
> >> For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
> >> organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
> >> requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
> >> discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
> >> photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
> >> want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
> >> see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
> >> texts for each photo.
> >>
> >> If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
> >> I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
> >> of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
> >> reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
> >> needs or....
> >>
> >> Thanks all,
> >> KO.

Ron Hunter

Beck wrote:
> "Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Uy4ee.37122$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>Check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. It contains just about everything
>>you need to organize, and edit your photos in one reasonably priced
>>package.
>>So, unless you can beat what they have, you might have a lot of trouble
>>making any money.

> While Elements is a good program and has plenty of features, not everybody
> wants all those features and not everybody wants to pay for features they do
> not use. The only image manipulation I do is image resizing, I do not need
> a huge power hungry program like Elements.

So, in addition to your program, the user has to buy an editor. What do
you plan to ask for the program?

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Beck

"Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Graee.37781$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> While Elements is a good program and has plenty of features, not
>> everybody wants all those features and not everybody wants to pay for
>> features they do not use. The only image manipulation I do is image
>> resizing, I do not need a huge power hungry program like Elements.

> So, in addition to your program, the user has to buy an editor. What do
> you plan to ask for the program?

Its not my program. I have nothing to do with it.

pshaw@emmet.com

before you invest a lot of time/energy check out www.cerious.com for
their thumbs plus ...i like the fact that you can easily create fields
to fill in and then quickly search those fields ...as well as search
exif data etc ...apparently can be scaled to 100's of thousands of
images with no problem ....

no financial interest but its useful to me - i take a lot a digital
pix for work ...

steve

On 4 May 2005 05:30:56 -0700, "KO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>A few years ago, I have bought a digital camera. Euphoric as I was, I
>started taking pictures of almost anything, resulting in thousands of
>photos on my hard drive. In the beginning, all the images got a short
>description as filename to help me remember the contents and depending
>on the theme of the image they were put in a folder with the name of
>the theme. Also I had a special folder named "inbox" in which all
>newly taken pictures are stored and did not have a specific name yet
>(i.e. "image23043.jpg" instead of "My cat at the balcony.jpg").
>But the inbox grew and grew as I did not have the discipline to
>organize every time I uploaded my images from my camera to my PC (> 100
>per upload).
>
>For quite some time I have been looking for a suitable program to
>organize my images. So far ACDSEE was the program for me. But still it
>requires me a lot of energy to find what I was looking for and
>discipline. Therefor, I decided to develop a program that organizes my
>photo's for me and helps me find my images quickly. The only thing I
>want to do is upload the images from my camera, start the program and
>see that they are categorized automatically. No more creating suitable
>texts for each photo.
>
>If you know what I am talking about and experience the same problem as
>I do, then maybe you would like to help me in testing the draft version
>of the software. Any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. As
>reward you will get a program that you have helped me tailor it to our
>needs or....
>
>Thanks all,
>KO.

KO

Thanks Beck! I will write you an email as soon as possible with the url
from where you can download it.