Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Well done Jessops

Well done Jessops

Piemanlager

Well, after just 5 months ownership and somewhere between 5-6000 shots I
have killed my first Digital SLR, Rip Minolta 7d! There were 4500 shots on
the counter but for the first few weeks of ownership i did not have it on
continuous so I am estimating 5-600 shots went through my first 7d body. The
body worked fine in a wedding I did on Saturday but when I went to use it on
Sunday, all I got was a kind of "werererrring" noise. My best guess is it
was something to do with the autofocus motor trying to engage, however all I
had was this noise for about 6-8 seconds then off. No display, no nothing.
Tried everything, but the camera was knackered.
Giving I am a pro and was about to start work, this was a strange gutting
feeling, I felt as If my arm had been cut off and I could not get myself to
However, there is something of a totally unexpected happy ending. My wife
popped the body back to Jessops with he receipt and they exchanged it. I
really was expecting them to send it off to Minolta and the have to fight
Minolta UK for the repairs to be done, as I had to with my Dynax 9 a few
years back.

So, One 7d is gone and another has to have the firmware update done as the
replacement came with V1.0e and somewhat laughable went into instant
over-exposure with the 5600 had!

Piemanlager

"Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I feel like some fun.
>
> So, when are you going to buy a proper camera like a Canon?

Dont want to be one of the Sheep!!!!

> "Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cB0ee.12$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, after just 5 months ownership and somewhere between 5-6000 shots I
>> have killed my first Digital SLR, Rip Minolta 7d! There were 4500 shots
>> on
>> the counter but for the first few weeks of ownership i did not have it on
>> continuous so I am estimating 5-600 shots went through my first 7d body.

> The
>> body worked fine in a wedding I did on Saturday but when I went to use it

> on
>> Sunday, all I got was a kind of "werererrring" noise. My best guess is it
>> was something to do with the autofocus motor trying to engage, however
>> all

>> had was this noise for about 6-8 seconds then off. No display, no
>> nothing.
>> Tried everything, but the camera was knackered.
>> Giving I am a pro and was about to start work, this was a strange gutting
>> feeling, I felt as If my arm had been cut off and I could not get myself

>> However, there is something of a totally unexpected happy ending. My wife
>> popped the body back to Jessops with he receipt and they exchanged it. I
>> really was expecting them to send it off to Minolta and the have to fight
>> Minolta UK for the repairs to be done, as I had to with my Dynax 9 a few
>> years back.
>>
>> So, One 7d is gone and another has to have the firmware update done as
>> the
>> replacement came with V1.0e and somewhat laughable went into instant
>> over-exposure with the 5600 had!

Russell

Oh, come on! That was way too nice and polite.

How can I argue with that?!?

"Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JL9ee.26861$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I feel like some fun.
> >
> > So, when are you going to buy a proper camera like a Canon?

> Dont want to be one of the Sheep!!!!

Hannah

"Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cB0ee.12$(E-Mail Removed)...

> have killed my first Digital SLR, Rip Minolta 7d! There were 4500 shots on

> Giving I am a pro and was about to start work, this was a strange gutting

A pro are you? And using a 7d?
How very brave of you.

Afraid I wouldn't trust my livelihood to anything less than my Canons.

Maybe you're just semi pro.
H.

Roy

"Hannah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cB0ee.12$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> have killed my first Digital SLR, Rip Minolta 7d! There were 4500 shots
>> on

>> Giving I am a pro and was about to start work, this was a strange gutting

> A pro are you? And using a 7d?
> How very brave of you.
>
> Afraid I wouldn't trust my livelihood to anything less than my Canons.
>
> Maybe you're just semi pro.
> H.

Hi

The real Professional bit in Hannah's post is not "Canon" it is the "s" on
the end. Even a Semi Pro should have more than one Camera when going out to
work.

Roy G

Piemanlager

"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G4dee.20579$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Hannah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:cB0ee.12$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> have killed my first Digital SLR, Rip Minolta 7d! There were 4500 shots
>>> on

>>> Giving I am a pro and was about to start work, this was a strange
>>> gutting

>> A pro are you? And using a 7d?
>> How very brave of you.

brave no, I just like to be different from all the white Sheep, think of me
as Black!

>> Afraid I wouldn't trust my livelihood to anything less than my Canons.

I know many fellow off road motorcycle pros with failed cannons, and of
course Nikons! There is not a camera out there that can stand up to a dust
storm on its own.

>> Maybe you're just semi pro.
>> H.

I might have given the game away by saying so if there was a need, you pass
a silly comment.

> Hi
>
> The real Professional bit in Hannah's post is not "Canon" it is the "s" on
> the end. Even a Semi Pro should have more than one Camera when going out
> to work.
>
> Roy G

I had two back up film camera bodies.

Hannah

"Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ieeee.27239$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> A pro are you? And using a 7d?
> >> How very brave of you.

> brave no, I just like to be different from all the white Sheep, think of

me
> as Black!

No probs with being different. Pity you don't do justice to your so-called
professionalism by using a proper camera.

> >> Afraid I wouldn't trust my livelihood to anything less than my Canons.
> >>

> I know many fellow off road motorcycle pros with failed cannons, and of
> course Nikons! There is not a camera out there that can stand up to a dust
> storm on its own.

What has motorcycle professionalism got to do with professional photography
or very large guns?

> >> Maybe you're just semi pro.
> >> H.

> I might have given the game away by saying so if there was a need, you

pass
> a silly comment.

Surely you can't be a full time fully pro photographer with just one
consumer body?

> > The real Professional bit in Hannah's post is not "Canon" it is the "s"

on
> > the end. Even a Semi Pro should have more than one Camera when going

out
> > to work.
> >
> > Roy G

As Roy so very correctly says.

Hannah.

Piemanlager

Enough of you Troll.

"Hannah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ieeee.27239$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> brave no, I just like to be different from all the white Sheep, think of

> me
>> as Black!
>>

> No probs with being different. Pity you don't do justice to your so-called
> professionalism by using a proper camera.

>> I know many fellow off road motorcycle pros with failed cannons, and of
>> course Nikons! There is not a camera out there that can stand up to a
>> dust
>> storm on its own.
>>

> What has motorcycle professionalism got to do with professional
> photography
> or very large guns?

>> I might have given the game away by saying so if there was a need, you

> pass
>> a silly comment.
>>

> Surely you can't be a full time fully pro photographer with just one
> consumer body?
>
>> > The real Professional bit in Hannah's post is not "Canon" it is the "s"

> on
>> > the end. Even a Semi Pro should have more than one Camera when going

> out
>> > to work.
>> >
>> > Roy G

> As Roy so very correctly says.
>
> Hannah.

Hannah

"Piemanlager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CZEee.1178$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Enough of you Troll.

You don't understand what trolling is, evidently.

Equally, you have no clue about professional photography, with your single
low cost body.
5-6000 photographs in 5 months hmm? You're a busy pro there, much in demand
it seems.

Wow, I bet you earn a fortune at your craft.
H.

Piemanlager

troll again why dont you