Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adapt d70 to Celestron Nexstar 114

Adapt d70 to Celestron Nexstar 114

MrB

At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

Juan Motine

"MrB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
| through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

$3,734.98, USD.

Jim

"MrB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
> through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

T mount for the Nextar. T adapter for the D70. Consult one of the online
telescope shops for advice.
Jim

Tony

You will need to buy the T adaptor for your camera and the equivalent T ring
for the telescope. The last time I priced a Tadaptor it was about 20-25
bucks. I would assume the equivalent part for the scope wouldn't be much
more.
Before you spend the money though be sure to find out if you can use a T
adaptor on the D70. There are some Nikon models that will not function
without an electronic lens mounted, and I have no idea if Nikon has come up
with an adaptor for them.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"MrB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
> through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Rubin

"Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Before you spend the money though be sure to find out if you can use a T
> adaptor on the D70. There are some Nikon models that will not function
> without an electronic lens mounted, and I have no idea if Nikon has come up
> with an adaptor for them.

The D70 won't meter without an electronic lens attached, but with
manual lenses you can shoot in manual mode.