Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 20D colors - Pink lips

Canon 20D colors - Pink lips

Jack

Hi
Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy with
the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
faces are pale.
I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gary Eickmeier

Jack wrote:
> Hi
> Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy with
> the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
> faces are pale.
> I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
>
> Any ideas?

You can change them to green in Photoshop.

Gary Eickmeier

HP

news:d4nq74$551$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Hi
> Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy with
> the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
> faces are pale.
> I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Pictures of white men.... pink lips! I think you want alt.sex.gay.pervert

Joseph Meehan

news:d4nq74$551$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Hi
> Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy with
> the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
> faces are pale.
> I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

My first reaction to this is always the same. How are you displaying
the results? Are you looking at them on a computer screen, a print you made
or a print commercially made?

I suggest that your systems may be properly calibrated to your Nikon
D100 but not to your new 20D. It may not be the camera, or it may be, but it
also can be a simple calibration matter on your computer.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Is there such a news-group?
(snip)-still innocent

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d4nq74$551$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> > Hi
> > Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy

with
> > the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
> > faces are pale.
> > I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Pictures of white men.... pink lips! I think you want alt.sex.gay.pervert

Jack

Here's a link to show the sort of picture the 20D produces in full auto mode

http://www.moled.cwc.net/Pics/IMG_2198-Sm.jpg

Is this right?

Thanks

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FeLbe.774$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d4nq74$551$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> > Hi
> > Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy

with
> > the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And the
> > faces are pale.
> > I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> My first reaction to this is always the same. How are you displaying
> the results? Are you looking at them on a computer screen, a print you

made
> or a print commercially made?
>
> I suggest that your systems may be properly calibrated to your Nikon
> D100 but not to your new 20D. It may not be the camera, or it may be, but

it
> also can be a simple calibration matter on your computer.
>
> --
> Joseph Meehan
>
> Dia duit

Jack

I got this result
http://www.moled.cwc.net/Pics/IMG_2201-Sm.jpg

in P mode with the color tone set to + max

news:d4o33g$6ge$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Here's a link to show the sort of picture the 20D produces in full auto

mode

> http://www.moled.cwc.net/Pics/IMG_2198-Sm.jpg
>
> Is this right?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FeLbe.774$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:d4nq74$551$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> > > Hi
> > > Just bought a Canon 20d camera. It's a nice camera but I'm not happy

> with
> > > the face colors. My pictures of (white) men all have pink lips. And

the
> > > faces are pale.
> > > I don't have this problem with my Nikon D100.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > My first reaction to this is always the same. How are you

displaying
> > the results? Are you looking at them on a computer screen, a print you

> made
> > or a print commercially made?
> >
> > I suggest that your systems may be properly calibrated to your Nikon
> > D100 but not to your new 20D. It may not be the camera, or it may be,

but
> it
> > also can be a simple calibration matter on your computer.
> >
> > --
> > Joseph Meehan
> >
> > Dia duit

Gary Eickmeier

Jack wrote:
> I got this result
> http://www.moled.cwc.net/Pics/IMG_2201-Sm.jpg
>
> in P mode with the color tone set to + max

So what's the problem?

Gary Eickmeier

Joseph Meehan

Jack wrote:
> I got this result
> http://www.moled.cwc.net/Pics/IMG_2201-Sm.jpg
>
> in P mode with the color tone set to + max

They both look a little cool for my taste on my monitor. What kind of
white balance are you using? It looks like it may be locked on daylight and
the images look like they may be in the shade giving you the usual cool
effect that in film photography you would use a skylight filter to correct.

You could try using a gray card or changing the white balance setting.
Does it do this on all images, or just the ones posted?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Jack

I'm using a "spider" calibrated monitor and the white balance is auto WB.

news:4FPbe.7438$(E-Mail Removed)...