Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ok, I'm here

Ok, I'm here

Cardamon Dave

Now what? I love my FZ-1v2, but am seriously considering the FZ5. The
FZ20 looks like a bazooka next to the smaller FZ5, and for all the
benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been captured
without flash altogether.

-Cardamon Dave

David J Taylor

Cardamon Dave wrote:
> Now what? I love my FZ-1v2, but am seriously considering the FZ5. The
> FZ20 looks like a bazooka next to the smaller FZ5, and for all the
> benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been
> captured without flash altogether.

If you loook back over the posts here and in rec.photo.digital.zlr you
will find a whole bunch of comments on the FZ20 and FZ5. My wife has the
FZ20, and I have the FZ5. We are both delighted with our cameras -
excellent value for money.

Cheers,
David

measekite

Cardamon Dave wrote:

>Now what? I love my FZ-1v2, but am seriously considering the FZ5. The
>FZ20 looks like a bazooka next to the smaller FZ5, and for all the
>benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been captured
>without flash altogether.
>
>-Cardamon Dave

Now that the Canon S2 IS has been announced are you going to consider
that as well?

Cardamon Dave

What's appealing about the Canon S2 for me is the intervalometer
(enabling time-lapse photos) and the OS familiarity with my other Canon
Powershot G2 and the swivel 1.8-inch LCD. And it'll run on rechargeable
AA batteries. On the down size: no TIFF mode, no Leica optics. Neither
of them have the wide-angle capabilities of, say, an Olympus 5060, but
then you can't have everything. Need to watch the prices! Thanks.