Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo: FULL Seattle skyline

Photo: FULL Seattle skyline

Cynicor

Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard photos of
Seattle, this is where to go.

http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

erics

"Cynicor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard photos
> of Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

Personally I find the dark buildings on the right hand side in the
foreground a little distracting, and the glares on the left hand side
foreground drag the eye away from the best part of the photo.

Very nice pictures though, ones I'd have been pleased to take.

Ron Hunter

Cynicor wrote:
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard photos of
> Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

VERY NICE. Thanks. Seattle is one of my favorite cities. Like the
terminator (or is it the governator) said, "I'll be back."

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Joseph Meehan

Cynicor wrote:
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

Very nice photo. It makes me more interested in night photography with
my 20D.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Cynicor

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s8O9e.12758$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Cynicor wrote:
>> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
>> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
>>
>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

> Very nice photo. It makes me more interested in night photography with
> my 20D.

Thanks. I realized that Paint Shop Pro (v6) stripped out the JPG details,
but this was taken with a D70 and a 70-200 lens. 100mm focal length, f/16
for 6 seconds (I used aperture priority mode and underexposed by two stops).

Frank ess

Cynicor wrote:
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

That's nice, just the kind of place I like to let my eye wander ...

There must be some clever way to work in a comment about "Parallax
View". Eliot, are you out there?

--
Frank ess

Pete Fenelon

Cynicor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard photos of
> Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

Superb. Thanks for sharing.

pete
--
(E-Mail Removed) "Send lawyers, guns and money...."

Bob Harrington

Cynicor wrote:
> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
>
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

Very nice!

One of my favorite photo haunts. It doesn't hurt that I live just a
two-block walk from Kerry Park... ;^)

Bob ^,,^
http://bobqat.com/Mazama/Seattle/Seattle_Scenes.html

Cynicor

"Bob Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

> Very nice!

Thanks. Oh, by the way - we were talking about that lightweight Velbon
tripod here a couple of weeks ago. That photo is a 6 second exposure with
the Nikon 70-200 VR lens mounted to the Velbon MAXi 343E tripod. The lens is
about 50.4 oz and the D70 body is about 21 oz plus battery. No problem at
all with stability in a light wind.

Ron Hunter

Bob Harrington wrote:
> Cynicor wrote:
>
>>Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
>>photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
>>
>>http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
>>http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

> Very nice!
>
> One of my favorite photo haunts. It doesn't hurt that I live just a
> two-block walk from Kerry Park... ;^)
>
> Bob ^,,^
> http://bobqat.com/Mazama/Seattle/Seattle_Scenes.html

Nice work. I love the intense color on the sunset shots.
What camera?

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)