Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Remote control for a Canon 20D

Remote control for a Canon 20D

take

Hi -

I'd like to buy a basic remote control for my 20D without spending
alot. The only wireless option I can find is the LC-4 - retails around
$500. For Real.
Then there's a hard wired one the RS80N3 for $50 but it only has a 2'
cord and the extension cord for it costs $75. My buddy's bragging he
has a wireless remote for his Rebel that cost $20. Does anything like
this exist for the 20D?

TIA

Take

Charles Schuler

"take" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi -
>
> I'd like to buy a basic remote control for my 20D without spending
> alot. The only wireless option I can find is the LC-4 - retails around
> $500. For Real.
> Then there's a hard wired one the RS80N3 for $50 but it only has a 2'
> cord and the extension cord for it costs $75. My buddy's bragging he
> has a wireless remote for his Rebel that cost $20. Does anything like
> this exist for the 20D?

Some folks have said good things about this:

http://search.ebay.com/20d-wireless-...jsZ1QQfromZR40

I have yet to buy one but am interested. Post back if you learn more.

Lin Chung

Take wrote:
> I'd like to buy a basic remote control for my 20D without spending
> alot. The only wireless option I can find is the LC-4 - retails around
> $500. For Real.
> Then there's a hard wired one the RS80N3 for $50 but it only has a 2'
> cord and the extension cord for it costs $75. My buddy's bragging he
> has a wireless remote for his Rebel that cost $20. Does anything like
> this exist for the 20D?

I have been browsing the Panasonic Talk (forum) in Digital Photography
Review.com and this came up.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13089700

Now if you are interested, you may like to follow the lead on a Canon remote
which prompted this project. The discussion on a Canon remote in the Canon
Talk (forum) appeared one year ago, according to him. Good luck with your
hunt!

--
Lin Chung.
[The Water Margins of Liang Shan Po were at the time of the Sung dynasty.