Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Help with router configuration

Help with router configuration

niju

Hi there
I have a Cisco router which has 2 configured interfaces

E0:201.139.xx.24
E1:200.201.xx.161

E0 has three hosts
201.139.xx.25(used)
201.139.xx.26(free)
201.139.xx.27(used)

E1 has three host

200.201.xx.162(used)
200.201.xx.163(used)
200.201.xx.164(used)

I ran out of IP address for hosts in E1 subnet, is it possible to
assign E0's free IP address (201.139.xx.26)to host in E0.if yes how can
I achieve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Niju

Merv

These IP addresses are public IP addresses, so either ask your ISP for
a larger allocation or use network address translation (NAT).

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"niju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi there
> I have a Cisco router which has 2 configured interfaces
>
> E0:201.139.xx.24
> E1:200.201.xx.161
>
> E0 has three hosts
> 201.139.xx.25(used)
> 201.139.xx.26(free)
> 201.139.xx.27(used)
>
> E1 has three host
>
> 200.201.xx.162(used)
> 200.201.xx.163(used)
> 200.201.xx.164(used)
>
> I ran out of IP address for hosts in E1 subnet, is it possible to
> assign E0's free IP address (201.139.xx.26)to host in E0.if yes how can
> I achieve this.

The address ranges you show should have several more usable addresses.
The smallest subnet that contains E0's address is 201.139.xx.16/20, with
usable addresses 201.139.xx.17-30. And the smallest subnet for E1 is
200.201.xx.160/29, with usable addresses 200.201.xx.161-166. So why are
you out of addresses?

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA

niju

My apologies for not making this clear at front. The addresses i have
mentioned here are only example and i have completely used all the
address in E1 only free address i have is on E0 subnet.

Niju