Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak DX4530 optional lenses

Kodak DX4530 optional lenses

anonymous

Has anyone here tried the optional lenses Kodak makes for the DX4530? I am considering the telephoto lens. Any comments on the quality? Kodak's telephoto for this camera only magnifies 2X, I would prefer more magnification. Are there any other sources of optional lenses for this camera besides Kodak? The camera has 37mm threads and an optional lens adapter that must be used when attaching other lenses or filters. I assume I could use any 37mm filters, but are there other brands of telephoto, wide angle, and closeup lenses that I could use?

If it would be appropriate to ask here, I would be interested in buying used accessory lenses for this camera if anyone here has them.

Thanks.

Ron Hunter

anonymous wrote:
> Has anyone here tried the optional lenses Kodak makes for the DX4530? I
> am considering the telephoto lens. Any comments on the quality? Kodak's
> telephoto for this camera only magnifies 2X, I would prefer more
> magnification. Are there any other sources of optional lenses for this
> camera besides Kodak? The camera has 37mm threads and an optional lens
> adapter that must be used when attaching other lenses or filters. I
> assume I could use any 37mm filters, but are there other brands of
> telephoto, wide angle, and closeup lenses that I could use?
>
> If it would be appropriate to ask here, I would be interested in buying
> used accessory lenses for this camera if anyone here has them.
>
> Thanks.

Don't become confused, this is simply an accessory that mounts to the
front of the provided lens. It is NOT a replaceable lens camera.

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Ronald Baird

Greetings Anon,

I have the adapter and the lenses and find them of good quality. I say this
arbitrarily even though I work for Kodak. You would be pleased. The
adapter will allow the use of any 37mm lens attachment, i.e. filters and
such. Remeber, however, that the attachments are just that, lens
attachments. If you do buy, make sure you can return them if you find you
do not want or like the lenses. The Kodak online store will refund your
money if you do not like the adapter and you return it within 30 days.
Regardless of where you get them, you can try it out and see if it meets
your needs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company