Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S700 White balance - oh dear

Fuji S700 White balance - oh dear

camera.stuff

Had a spot of finger trouble and managed to set the white balance to
"incandescent". Actual conditions were bright sunlight; consequently
all the pictures look a bit blue (made me feel blue too).

Does anyone know what the difference is between "auto" and
"incandescent"? Is it a constant shift or does it vary from shot to
shot?

I would much rather do a batch job and adjust them all in one go,
rather than manually tweak each one.

CS

Roy

"camera.stuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Had a spot of finger trouble and managed to set the white balance to
> "incandescent". Actual conditions were bright sunlight; consequently
> all the pictures look a bit blue (made me feel blue too).
>
> Does anyone know what the difference is between "auto" and
> "incandescent"? Is it a constant shift or does it vary from shot to
> shot?
>
> I would much rather do a batch job and adjust them all in one go,
> rather than manually tweak each one.
>
> CS

I don't have the S5700, but my wife has the S5500.

From what I can gather, in the "auto" WB setting the camera chooses which WB
to use. If the camera is set manually to any of the specific settings, that
setting will continue to be used until it you change it to another setting.
Switching the camera off and back on again will NOT cause it to return to
the default setting of Auto.

You might have some difficulty in correcting the colour balance of your
photos shot at the wrong setting.

Roy G