Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ??Best 4MP or 5MP Point and Shoot??

Reply
Thread Tools

??Best 4MP or 5MP Point and Shoot??

 
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Boch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
Its a good camera...But not good enough to get my money...My 4 and 5....Are
Nikon-5700/4500...

--
_________________-
BOCH
________________
A+TECH
_________
"measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kG06e.18577$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
> account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and ease
> of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed users. And
> that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the Minolta Z's and
> the Canon and also includes Olympus.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
measekite wrote:
> Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
> account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
> ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
> users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
> Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.


There is no good answer to that, given that we don't know the size of
your hands, personal preferences, or other physical characteristics
which affect ones 'best camera' choices. Since you mention more than
one user, the choice becomes a compromise, at best.

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
measekite wrote:
> Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
> account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
> ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
> users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
> Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.


You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle
coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want a
swivel viewfinder? For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,
but I also have a Nikon 8400 for the wide-angle 8MP shots....

David


 
Reply With Quote
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005


David J Taylor wrote:

>measekite wrote:
>
>
>>Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
>>account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
>>ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
>>users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
>>Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.
>>
>>

>
>You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle
>

In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings. My
main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over ISO 100
that borders on unacceptable.

>
>coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want a
>swivel viewfinder?
>


I do but I cannot have everything right now.

>For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,
>
>


Actually I wish, at the same price, weight, and size that the FZ5 opened
to 28mm (35mm equivalent), has a swival and larger lcd, had the evf in
the center or the right side, had very low noise all of the to ISO400
and had a removabled hot shoe like theNikon F2.

I am also sure that after using one I could think of other things.

>but I also have a Nikon 8400 for the wide-angle 8MP shots....
>
>David
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
measekite wrote:
>
>
> David J Taylor wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
>>> account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
>>> ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
>>> users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
>>> Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.
>>>

>>
>>
>> You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle
>>

> In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
> possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings. My
> main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over ISO 100
> that borders on unacceptable.
>
>>
>> coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want
>> a swivel viewfinder?

>
>
> I do but I cannot have everything right now.
>
>> For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,
>>

>
> Actually I wish, at the same price, weight, and size that the FZ5 opened
> to 28mm (35mm equivalent), has a swival and larger lcd, had the evf in
> the center or the right side, had very low noise all of the to ISO400
> and had a removabled hot shoe like theNikon F2.
>
> I am also sure that after using one I could think of other things.
>
>> but I also have a Nikon 8400 for the wide-angle 8MP shots....
>>
>> David
>>
>>
>>

You may find that the first digital you buy is just a learning tool to
find out what is really important to you, and what you really want, and
need. I started with an early model digital, and waited until all the
features I wanted in a new one were available at my price point, then
made my selection. Even in that case, the result is a compromise
between wants, reality, and price.


--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Markeau
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005

"measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0kc6e.103$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
> possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings.
> My main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over
> ISO 100 that borders on unacceptable.


In that case I would get an easily pocketable subcompact ... I have a
Canon S400 which can be easily pocketed and carried
anywhere/everywhere. Many, many times others have said their camera
was "in the car, at home, not with them" (because it was too much to
carry, too big, etc) and could I send them copies of pics I was
taking. And, on top of that, it takes really great pics.

I would dearly love a more functional, SLR-type digital with nice lens
but instead have decided on getting another sub-compact with more
resolution, like the Panasonic FX7 (or maybe wait until they up the
megapixels in this formfactor).

 
Reply With Quote
 
measekite
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2005


Markeau wrote:

>
> "measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0kc6e.103$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
>> possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings.
>> My main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over
>> ISO 100 that borders on unacceptable.

>
>
> In that case I would get an easily pocketable subcompact ... I have a
> Canon S400 which can be easily pocketed and carried
> anywhere/everywhere. Many, many times others have said their camera
> was "in the car, at home, not with them" (because it was too much to
> carry, too big, etc) and could I send them copies of pics I was
> taking. And, on top of that, it takes really great pics.



How much larger and more pain in the ass is the FZ5 over your S400?

>
> I would dearly love a more functional, SLR-type digital with nice lens
> but instead have decided on getting another sub-compact with more
> resolution, like the Panasonic FX7 (or maybe wait until they up the
> megapixels in this formfactor).

 
Reply With Quote
 
Markeau
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2005

"measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bTj6e.806$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> How much larger and more pain in the ass is the FZ5 over your S400?


The FZ5 is not look much larger than the Canon S400 (same size as the
S500), but from the specs and pics of the FZ5 it does not look like I
could comfortably fit it in my front pants/shorts pocket as I can the
S400 all day (like walking all up/down the Vegas strip) with no
problems - I just can't carry/shoulder a camera bag, so an in-pants
solution is really the way to go for me. It really is cool to always
have a really good camera on-hand. But, that all said, if I ever get
to the point of carrying a (smallish) man-bag, then it will probably
have an FZ5 in it

Canon S500: 3.4 x 2.2 x 1.1 in
Pan FZ5: 4 x 2.7 x 3.3 in
Pan FX7: 3.7 x 2 x 0.9 in

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...mcfx7&show=all

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Share-Point-2010 ,Share-Point -2010 Training , Share-point-2010Hyderabad , Share-point-2010 Institute Saraswati lakki ASP .Net 0 01-06-2012 06:39 AM
Does performance increase using a 4mp (or 5mp or 6 mp) camera at the 3mp setting? mrsgator88 Digital Photography 6 02-07-2006 07:06 PM
4mp or 5mp? jsmith Digital Photography 14 10-30-2004 08:43 AM
4MP/5MP over again CNT Digital Photography 12 10-05-2003 01:47 PM
5mp Kodak vs 5mp Canon ArtKramr Digital Photography 11 10-03-2003 06:28 PM



Advertisments