Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Turning a drawing into a logo

Turning a drawing into a logo

Beauchampy

Ok, I hope this is the right place to ask this..

Im currently producing hip hop for a band called 'phoenix quarter'. Now,
they need a logo. We have a drawing which is ideal, we especially find the
circular element of the drawing appealing. We'd like to turn this into a
logo we can use for websites, cds ect.

My knowledge of photoshop is fairly basic. Im good at managing layers,
resizing ect, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn this into a
professional looking logo?

http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/phoenixlogo.jpg

TIA.

Beauchampy

leo

Beauchampy wrote:
> Ok, I hope this is the right place to ask this..
>
> Im currently producing hip hop for a band called 'phoenix quarter'. Now,
> they need a logo. We have a drawing which is ideal, we especially find the
> circular element of the drawing appealing. We'd like to turn this into a
> logo we can use for websites, cds ect.
>
> My knowledge of photoshop is fairly basic. Im good at managing layers,
> resizing ect, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn this into a
> professional looking logo?
>
> http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/phoenixlogo.jpg
>
> TIA.
>
> Beauchampy

No, this is not the right group. Look for Photoshop and even better
Illustrator groups. I think you need to draw it using Illustrator if
this is the logo for a long time use. You can scan the in, maybe enlarge
it too. Put it in a layer in Illustrator and trace or draw it on a new
layer. It can be done in Photoshop too if you intend it to be a one shot
use because it will have trouble enlarging in the future. God luck.

Giulia

You maybe able to use Adobe Streamline to convert it to a vector graphic,
and then either import it into Photoshop, or ideally Illustrator.

"Beauchampy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I hope this is the right place to ask this..
>
> Im currently producing hip hop for a band called 'phoenix quarter'. Now,
> they need a logo. We have a drawing which is ideal, we especially find the
> circular element of the drawing appealing. We'd like to turn this into a
> logo we can use for websites, cds ect.
>
> My knowledge of photoshop is fairly basic. Im good at managing layers,
> resizing ect, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn this into a
> professional looking logo?
>
> http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/phoenixlogo.jpg
>
> TIA.
>
> Beauchampy

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Beauchampy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ok, I hope this is the right place to ask this..
>
> Im currently producing hip hop for a band called 'phoenix quarter'. Now,
> they need a logo. We have a drawing which is ideal, we especially find the
> circular element of the drawing appealing. We'd like to turn this into a
> logo we can use for websites, cds ect.
>
> My knowledge of photoshop is fairly basic. Im good at managing layers,
> resizing ect, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn this into a
> professional looking logo?
>
> http://www.beauchamp001.f2s.com/phoenixlogo.jpg
>
> TIA.
>
> Beauchampy

The simple and easy way would be to trace the original. Photograph the
drawing. Make 2 new layers - bottom layer should be white or whatever
colour background you want, the top layer is for the tracing - using the
brush, pen or line tools - you can also use the lasso tools with Stroke.
Switching the white background layer on and off will toggle between the
original and trace and the background and trace. When you're finished,
delete the original and flatten (after Saving As).