Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Twain driver

Twain driver

Sherpa

Hello all,
does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
for XP.

thanks

Alan Meyer

"Sherpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
> for XP.
>
> thanks

You shouldn't need one for Windows XP. It is built in to the
operating system. All of the camera manufacturers sell
cameras with cables that can be plugged into a USB port
and will appear in Windows Explorer, or in a command window,
as if it were a disk drive. You can read and write to the
camera's memory card directly just using the built-in
Windows driver.

The same is also true for memory card readers. They
require no special drivers under Windows XP.

Alan

Sherpa

Thanks Alan,
I was trying to pull up a live image in another application and snap a
picture from there. I'm currently using an Integral FlashPoint video card
but would like to trigger a flash as well.

"Alan Meyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Sherpa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all,
> > does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN

driver
> > for XP.
> >
> > thanks

> You shouldn't need one for Windows XP. It is built in to the
> operating system. All of the camera manufacturers sell
> cameras with cables that can be plugged into a USB port
> and will appear in Windows Explorer, or in a command window,
> as if it were a disk drive. You can read and write to the
> camera's memory card directly just using the built-in
> Windows driver.
>
> The same is also true for memory card readers. They
> require no special drivers under Windows XP.
>
> Alan

Matt Ion

Sherpa wrote:
> Hello all,
> does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
> for XP.

TWAIN is obsolete for XP; the new standard is WIA - Windows Image
Acquisition.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 04/08/2005
Tested on: 4/9/2005 11:45:35 PM

Stewy

In article <rY36e.942613$Xk.772761@pd7tw3no>,
Matt Ion <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Sherpa wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > does anyone know of a camera on the market today which has a TWAIN driver
> > for XP.

> TWAIN is obsolete for XP; the new standard is WIA - Windows Image
> Acquisition.

Not quite so! I've tried that WIA and it's a clunky piece of poo when
using with a scanner. If you're using either a film or flatbed scanner
you'll need a TWAIN source within Photoshop.