Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S5100

Fuji S5100

pmarsh@nmefdn.org

I'm playing around with Windows Movie Maker. Is it possible to capture
live video directly from the camera into Windows Movie Maker? When I
click Capture from video device I get an error no capture device can be
found. The PC and camera are connected and communicating without a
problem.

Thanx

A.P.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm playing around with Windows Movie Maker. Is it possible to capture
> live video directly from the camera into Windows Movie Maker? When I
> click Capture from video device I get an error no capture device can be
> found. The PC and camera are connected and communicating without a
> problem.
>
> Thanx

You should try to set your S5100 in "web-cam" mode in order to
capture the "current video stream" .

.... If the S5100 have that option .... I'm not sure

AP

pmarsh@nmefdn.org

A.P. wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > I'm playing around with Windows Movie Maker. Is it possible to

capture
> > live video directly from the camera into Windows Movie Maker? When

> > click Capture from video device I get an error no capture device

can be
> > found. The PC and camera are connected and communicating without a
> > problem.
> >
> > Thanx
> >

> You should try to set your S5100 in "web-cam" mode in order to
> capture the "current video stream" .
>
> ... If the S5100 have that option .... I'm not sure
>
> AP

I don't think it has a "web-cam" mode so I guess I'm out of luck.
Thanx

ASAAR

On 8 Apr 2005 05:55:15 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I don't think it has a "web-cam" mode so I guess I'm out of luck.

It does have a Web Cam mode but there are limitations. It's
described on page 95 of the manual. Here are the limitations:

> The WEB Camera function can only be used on Windows XP SP1.
> Microsoft Windows Messenger 5.0 or later is required to use
> the WEB Camera function.
> Images are not output to a TV.
> When using Video Chat with the WEB Camera function, Windows
> XP SP1 is required also for your partner's OS.

The manual shows that the camera's setup screen should be changed
from DSC (Mass storage device) mode to <camera icon> WEB (WEB
Camera) mode, and then provides instructions for linking to another
computer using Windows Messenger.