Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 350d serial number - what serial number?!?

350d serial number - what serial number?!?

GT

I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.

I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

Rene van Groenigen

GT,

you can find the ser.nr on the box itself.
Worked for me, received flash card after three days

Rene

"GT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
> great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
> 'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
> receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
> the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
> out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.
>
> I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
> in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
> canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
> anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

erics

"GT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
> great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
> 'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
> receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
> the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
> out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.
>
> I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
> in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
> canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
> anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

If you take a picture, load it into the zoombrowser software, and look at
the "Shooting information". AT the bottom is the "Camera Body No." which is
the serial number on the bottom of the camera (in my case it is anyway!).

HTH

GT

Can you tell me where on the box. I have looked, and found several
numbers, but none of them let me register with canon!

What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.

Thanks

erics

"GT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Can you tell me where on the box. I have looked, and found several
> numbers, but none of them let me register with canon!
>
> What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.
>
> Thanks

On my box there is a sticker with two bar codes and three number on in the
"Body No" area of the box on the side. The camera serial number is the
middle number inbetween the two bar codes. The number is formatted (aa)
xxxxxxxxxx - in my case the serial number is "xxxxxxxxxx", that is, when
registering omit the brackets.

C Wright

On 4/6/05 10:02 AM, in article
(E-Mail Removed). com, "GT"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
> great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
> 'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
> receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
> the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
> out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.
>
> I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
> in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
> canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
> anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

Also, in addition to what others have said, inside the box there should have
been a Canon Limited Warrantee card that contained the serial number. Every
Canon camera or lens that I have purchased had one of these cards.

eatmorepies

> > What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> On my box there is a sticker with two bar codes and three number on in the
> "Body No" area of the box on the side. The camera serial number is the
> middle number inbetween the two bar codes. The number is formatted (aa)
> xxxxxxxxxx - in my case the serial number is "xxxxxxxxxx", that is, when
> registering omit the brackets.

I posted my registration and was similarly confused as to which number to
quote, so I wrote all of them down. That was nearly 3 weeks ago. If I don't
get my 256 CF card or clear instructions soon I shall give them one phone
call and then forget about them.

However, I do want to use 2 of the vouchers I got with the camera to buy a
flash and another lens - I won't be doing this unless Canon are able to
convince me that their rebate syatem works.

John