Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon capture 4

Nikon capture 4

Spoof

Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??

My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
the upgrades have been better?

Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

Thx
Jet

news.wplus.net

<Spoof> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
>
> My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
> with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
> the upgrades have been better?
>
> Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.

PhotoMan

"news.wplus.net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2ujj5$l46$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <Spoof> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
> >
> > My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
> > with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
> > the upgrades have been better?
> >
> > Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

> NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.

It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.

paul

PhotoMan wrote:
> "news.wplus.net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2ujj5$l46$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>><Spoof> wrote in message

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>>Does anyone have a copy of this they can post??
>>>
>>>My evaluation copy ran out and I cannot reload it. I was not happy
>>>with this software initially as has several flaws but then I was told
>>>the upgrades have been better?
>>>
>>>Dont want to buy a copy unless it does what I am after!

>>NFL. Call Nikon and see if they would be willing to provide a free copy.

> It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
> date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.

He can re-set the computer clock temprarily. I've done this with
trialware as I usually don't get into it deep enough to know what I want
until it expires. Argh.

Steve

paul wrote:

>> It doesn't matter how many trial versions he tries to use. The expiration
>> date is in his registry and disallows further attempts.

> He can re-set the computer clock temprarily. I've done this with
> trialware as I usually don't get into it deep enough to know what I want
> until it expires. Argh.

He could also edit the registry. If he's brave, anyway. If the entry actually says
"nikon" it should be pretty easy. This is a good reason to run a program like Norton
registry tracker. If nikon doesn't clean the registry when their program is
uninstalled I'm certainly not going to feel bad for them if somebody bends their
rules a bit.

I find it interesting that if you set a date before the most recent use a lot of
trialware will tell you your date is incorrect and tell you to check it. It's almost
as if they don't know what we're doing. I've occcasionally renamed a program along
the lines of "trialware 4-5" to keep track of the last time I used it so I'll know
what date to set the next time. That way if I'm allowed 30 days I can actually have
30 days. 30 consecutive days is way too short if you don't have the time to really
play with something.

--
Steve

belief that it was intended as a statement of fact.

If you want a reply to reach me, remove the SPAMTRAP from the address.