Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > web console config change logging

web console config change logging

Igor Mamuzic

Is there possible to configure somehow syslog logging after user has been
configured Cisco IOS device using Web console such as Cisco SDM? I mean on
syslog message 'configured from...by...' that is generated after you quit
configuration mode using telnet or console.

I wish to know whether my rookie admins (and which one) changed my router or
switch config with the web console...Any idea? Unfortunatelly, I'm using
RADIUS (MS IAS) instead of TACACS+ such as Cisco ACS (money problems,
etc )

B.R.
Igor

Walter Roberson

In article <dj6hbf$2ua$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr>, Igor Mamuzic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Is there possible to configure somehow syslog logging after user has been
:configured Cisco IOS device using Web console such as Cisco SDM? I mean on
:syslog message 'configured from...by...' that is generated after you quit
:configuration mode using telnet or console.

:I wish to know whether my rookie admins (and which one) changed my router or
:switch config with the web console...Any idea?

Give them distinct accounts, with the privilege they need and
different passwords. Then the account name of the one who logged in
would be the one displayed.
--
I am spammed, therefore I am.

Igor Mamuzic

Walter, thanks for the answer, I thought to do so,but they need to have
level 15 privileges.
If I reduce them privilege level are they will be able to connect to the
routers with SDM since SDM requires privilege level 15 account? Or I can
change it somehow?

B.R.
Igor

news:dj6ljr$e9s$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <dj6hbf$2ua$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr>, Igor Mamuzic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :Is there possible to configure somehow syslog logging after user has been
> :configured Cisco IOS device using Web console such as Cisco SDM? I mean
> on
> :syslog message 'configured from...by...' that is generated after you quit
> :configuration mode using telnet or console.
>
> :I wish to know whether my rookie admins (and which one) changed my router
> or
> :switch config with the web console...Any idea?
>
> Give them distinct accounts, with the privilege they need and
> different passwords. Then the account name of the one who logged in
> would be the one displayed.
> --
> I am spammed, therefore I am.

Walter Roberson

In article <dj93rq$t07$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr>, Igor Mamuzic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Walter, thanks for the answer, I thought to do so,but they need to have
:level 15 privileges.
:If I reduce them privilege level are they will be able to connect to the
:routers with SDM since SDM requires privilege level 15 account? Or I can
:change it somehow?

I haven't checked IOS, but in PIX "modeled after IOS", you can
have multiple users with level 15 privileges. In PIX, you can also alter
the privilege required for particular command using the
"privilege" command. The documentation implies there is an IOS
equivilent.
never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
-- Brad Templeton