Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: An appeal for common sense and restraint when dealing with 'Trolls'!

Re: An appeal for common sense and restraint when dealing with 'Trolls'!

Robert Scott

"chas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Please folks, we've all heard the expression "Don't feed the Trolls".
> Let's show a little maturity and common sense when dealing with these
> idiots and NOT respond. As much as you may think you are chastising
> them with your words, you are only giving new life to their infantile
> postings. Do we really want to keep these threads bouncing around this
> group for days at a time?
> Let their words die the quick death they were meant for by ignoring
> them. Please!

Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
newsgroup....

Take it easy,
Bob Scott

Boch

Will do your right.

--
_________________-
BOCH
"Robert Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nii4e.3859$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...

> "chas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Please folks, we've all heard the expression "Don't feed the Trolls".
>> Let's show a little maturity and common sense when dealing with these
>> idiots and NOT respond. As much as you may think you are chastising
>> them with your words, you are only giving new life to their infantile
>> postings. Do we really want to keep these threads bouncing around this
>> group for days at a time?
>> Let their words die the quick death they were meant for by ignoring
>> them. Please!

> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
> newsgroup....
>
> Take it easy,
> Bob Scott

jere7my tho?rpe

In article <nii4e.3859$(E-Mail Removed) et>,
"Robert Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
> newsgroup....

(Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)

Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
cross-posts).

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
(440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings

DFS

>> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
>> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
>> newsgroup....

> (Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)
>
> Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
> cross-posts).

How would you apply this in OE. OE has a very limited set of rules that can
be applied to filter posts. Is there someplace other than Tools/Message
Rules/News that one can apply the filter you suggest, or are we SOL?

ds

jere7my tho?rpe

In article <Qmz4e.2932$1r6.1272@trnddc02>, "DFS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
> >> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
> >> newsgroup....

> > (Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)
> >
> > Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
> > cross-posts).
> >

> How would you apply this in OE. OE has a very limited set of rules that can
> be applied to filter posts. Is there someplace other than Tools/Message
> Rules/News that one can apply the filter you suggest, or are we SOL?

This I don't know, I'm afraid; I don't use OE. TSOR (thirty seconds of
research) on Google indicates OE can use regexps, but I'm not sure how.

----j7y