Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet restriction

Internet restriction

=?Utf-8?B?R1RheWxvcg==?=

I am setting up a computer which will have a Linksys wireless adapter
installed in order to access the internet through the router. I want to have
control over when the internet can be accessed. I'm using WinXP and tried to
setup a new user account but was still able to gain access to internet.
Any Idea?
--
gt

mike

two ways i use:

if you convert the filesystem to NTFS.
then just deny permission to iexplore.exe under security settings.

or run a filewall program (say ZA free-which you should be running anyway)
and use the lock function.

mike

"GTaylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am setting up a computer which will have a Linksys wireless adapter
> installed in order to access the internet through the router. I want to

have
> control over when the internet can be accessed. I'm using WinXP and tried

> setup a new user account but was still able to gain access to internet.
> Any Idea?
> --
> gt

---