Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > photo equipement store in Chicago?

photo equipement store in Chicago?

Devidah!

Hello to all,

I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?

Thanks in advance, Devidah!

Crownfield

Devidah! wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
> Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
> Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?
>
> Thanks in advance, Devidah!

http://www.calumetphoto.com ?

S.

"Devidah!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iZY2e.719671$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello to all,
>
> I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
> Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
> Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?
>
> Thanks in advance, Devidah!

I'm sure many will tell you Calumet Photo but I suggest if you are downtown
you go to Central Camera on Wabash. Their prices are as good or better than
Calumet and their salesmen have all been there for years and are quite
knowledgeable. They have been a Chicago landmark for 60 years. By the way
stay the hell away from Helix Photo. They used to be great but their prices
are up there with Wolf/Ritz who as you know are a plague upon the land.

S.

I realize that Ritz purchased Wolf, but as an old Wolf employee, please
don't link the names, it makes me shudder.
Agree on your recommendation however. I shopped there years ago.
Old Bob

Devidah!

Devidah! wrote:
> Hello to all,

I'd like to thank you all, for the precious hints!

Devidah!

S.

"Devidah!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Eng3e.723189$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Devidah! wrote:
>> Hello to all,

> I'd like to thank you all, for the precious hints!
>
> Devidah!

You are quite welcome. Please have a great trip to our town and afterward
please send the group an email telling us what you bought.

S.

Frank Pittel

S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: "Devidah!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:iZY2e.719671$(E-Mail Removed)...
: > Hello to all,
: >
: > I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
: > Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
: > Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?
: >
: > Thanks in advance, Devidah!

: I'm sure many will tell you Calumet Photo but I suggest if you are downtown
: you go to Central Camera on Wabash. Their prices are as good or better than
: Calumet and their salesmen have all been there for years and are quite
: knowledgeable. They have been a Chicago landmark for 60 years. By the way
: stay the hell away from Helix Photo. They used to be great but their prices
: are up there with Wolf/Ritz who as you know are a plague upon the land.

No trip to Chicago for a photographer would be complete without a trip to
Central Camera. They've been in the same spot for over 100 years!!

I do like Helix but with Calumet and Central I don't go there much anymomre.