Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

Reply
Thread Tools

Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - 2/3 per month unlimited price range

 
 
News Reader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007

Hi,

I have posted a few times on here about the cheapest unlimited UK landline
calls packages available (either PSTN or VoIP).

It appears as I had hoped and largely expeted, the price point on these
services is starting to improve.

Current best offers appear to be (and all feedback, experience and thoughts,
etc. welcomed):

- Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
top-up of $10 (which does not expire provided the account is used for a call
once every [I seem to recall] six months - a free call counts / is
sufficient [according to their website]. Usage limits do not appear to apply
(probably fair use but not the combined "free days" rolling semi-unfree and
rather restricted 300 minutes type limit or the lottery system of Betamax
service destination changes and general uncertaintieis / vagaries [such as
changing T&C's etc.]). This all seems rather good! Unlimited (including UK &
US and many more), one time top up of $10 [does not expire provide one call
is made ~ six months {which doesn't not even have to be chargeable}],
appears to be a "long term" offer rather than fly by night or Betamax
rolling changes / uncertainty / etc., all round sounds good (have probably
forgotten some of the other apparent key benefits - but still - I am sure
some of you can pick me up on them!). Only possible concerns - reality
factor / is it actually a long-term offer / beta or viable / reliable; have
to use their softphone [I believe - I think they may be pending hardware
device / SIP support - and it may be possible to do this manualy oneself
with sufficient nowse or knowledge, engineering, etc.]

See: http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/ for some further information
(note: they seem to "incorrectly" record Raketu as providing only 120 days
of expiring credit but Raketu's own site confirms otherwise...? [otherwise
generaly a great site]

- Globe 7 - now offering a $4.99 per month unlimited calls package
including US, UK and 20+ish other international destinations. No credit
expiry type issues. Quite a big operator, UK company, etc. Apparently it is
"possible" to use SIP clients / adaptors [see recent newsgroup post
detailing specific parameters] - allthough this is officially unsuported
[although may be pending / imminent]. Otherwise, have to use their softphone
(which whilst kind of interesting and fun probably deserves a warning!)
[Aside: no guarantees, experience, knowledge {first hand} of the Raketu
client software either mind - but does sound / seem rather good]



All in all seeming and sounding quite good & positive - the "sub-3ish" per
month unlimited UK calls type packages (longed and hoped for on my pary at
least!) - and in reality both of these services actually also provide
~20ish+ international destinations as well.


All thoughts, feedback, etc. appreciated.


Best wishes,




News Reader


P.s. Thoughts, etc. of other competing / alternative similarly good value
and complete (at least unlimited UK landline calls) services welcomed.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
News Reader wrote:

>
> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
> to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
> top-up of $10


I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
UK-Orange 44797 0.2035
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
Jono wrote:
> News Reader wrote:
>
>>
>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on
>> a nominal top-up of $10

>
> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035


and here:

UK-Vodafone 44777 0.1282
UK-Vodafone 4477670 0.2035
 
Reply With Quote
 
clavox@btinternet.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:29:28 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>News Reader wrote:
>
>>
>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
>> to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
>> top-up of $10

>
>I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
>UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .
 
Reply With Quote
 
News Reader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:snQFh.11123$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> News Reader wrote:
>
>>
>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
>> nominal top-up of $10

>
> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>
> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035



Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]


Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make to
much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some other
"attractive" entries or rates in their price list!


Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?


Best wishes,




News Reader



 
Reply With Quote
 
News Reader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007

"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:es96su$421$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:snQFh.11123$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> News Reader wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
>>> nominal top-up of $10

>>
>> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>>
>> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

>
>
> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
>
>
> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
>
>
> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?
>
>
> Best wishes,
>
>
>
>
> News Reader
>
>
>


....


Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
competitive way - good for you Raketu


Best wisehs,




News Reader


 
Reply With Quote
 
Herman the German
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
>no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .


It might be better if you were to just **** off out of this group.

 
Reply With Quote
 
clavox@btinternet.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:49:29 +0000, Herman the German
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
>>no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

>
>It might be better if you were to just **** off out of this group.

Another un educated person I see who just has to resort to vulgar
language when he needs to say something .
And for your information and in answer to your suggestion the answer
is NO I will not go away NEVER WILL I subscribed to this group long
before most people had ever even heard of it . If there is any going
away to be done YOU go away and good ridden's .
Happy now .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:es96su$421$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:snQFh.11123$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>>> News Reader wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
>>>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
>>>> nominal top-up of $10
>>>
>>> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
>>>
>>> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
>>> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

>>
>>
>> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
>>
>>
>> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
>> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
>> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
>>
>>
>> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
>> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?
>>

I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.
raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!
>>
>> News Reader
>>
>>
>>

>
>...
>
>
>Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
>light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
>just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
>believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
>competitive way - good for you Raketu
>
>
>Best wisehs,
>
>
>
>
>News Reader
>


Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007
After a perusal of the site I see that it is P-P - not SIP.
So, not of immediate interest to me but may be useful if I find
myself in a situation where I can only use a PC to call out.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[lol post] - Think I may have found my 2/3 per month unlimited calls package... News Reader UK VOIP 7 11-28-2006 07:01 PM
Paradise newsgroups updating has nearly ceased, nearly useless soon Ray Colvill NZ Computing 18 11-22-2005 10:28 AM
Unlimited UK Phone Calls Only 9.99 Per Month!!! ChiN-WaG Computer Support 0 10-10-2004 03:54 PM
Unlimited UK Phone Calls Only 9.99 Per Month!!! ChiN-WaG Telecommunications Computer Support 1 10-10-2004 02:44 PM



Advertisments