Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70 to be upgraded to an 8MP Nilkon D70S

Reply
Thread Tools

Nikon D70 to be upgraded to an 8MP Nilkon D70S

 
 
carrigman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:

http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921

Carrigman


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sid derra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
"carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
>
> http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
>
> Carrigman


according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see ANY
difference to the d70...

sid


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bubbabob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:

> "carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
>>
>> http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
>>
>> Carrigman

>
> according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see
> ANY difference to the d70...
>
> sid
>
>
>


Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.
 
Reply With Quote
 
paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
Bubbabob wrote:
>
> Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.



USB2?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sheldon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005

"Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9628C032D73C0dilfjelfoiwepofujsdk@216.168. 3.30...
> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:
>
>> "carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
>>>
>>> http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
>>>
>>> Carrigman

>>
>> according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see
>> ANY difference to the d70...
>>
>> sid
>>
>>
>>

>
> Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.


I would say many people would be happy just to get a hole to screw a shutter
release cable into, a 100 ISO, a mirror lockup and an optional vertical grip
(from Nikon). The camera has been a huge success for Nikon, and I'm not so
sure another 2 megapixels will make or break it. It they do go to 8, I can
see them keeping the camera in the line, assuming they can come up with a
price spread between the old and new camera to keep it alive. As usual,
just MHO.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Scales
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
No. USB Full Speed.

In other words, USB1.1 under a new name


"paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bubbabob wrote:
>>
>> Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.

>
>
> USB2?



 
Reply With Quote
 
C J Campbell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005

"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
> >
> > http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
> >
> > Carrigman

>
> according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see ANY
> difference to the d70...
>


That page has no specs on it. Where are the specs you are talking about?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bubbabob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Bubbabob wrote:
>>
>> Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.

>
>
> USB2?
>


Unchanged. It's still not high-speed USB 2.
 
Reply With Quote
 
sid derra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
> > >
> > > http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
> > >
> > > Carrigman

> >
> > according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see ANY
> > difference to the d70...
> >

>
> That page has no specs on it. Where are the specs you are talking about?


page 201-205 of the d70s user manual
sid


 
Reply With Quote
 
sid derra
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-30-2005
"Sheldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns9628C032D73C0dilfjelfoiwepofujsdk@216.168. 3.30...
> > "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "carrigman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:d2cd6b$70b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>> Or so the (informed?) speculation suggests:
> >>>
> >>> http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/view....cfm?qid=20921
> >>>
> >>> Carrigman
> >>
> >> according to the specs it'll be a 6.1mp - in fact - i hardly can see
> >> ANY difference to the d70...
> >>
> >> sid
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Biggest change seems to be the remote cable.

>
> I would say many people would be happy just to get a hole to screw a

shutter
> release cable into, a 100 ISO, a mirror lockup and an optional vertical

grip
> (from Nikon). The camera has been a huge success for Nikon, and I'm not

so
> sure another 2 megapixels will make or break it. It they do go to 8, I

can
> see them keeping the camera in the line, assuming they can come up with a
> price spread between the old and new camera to keep it alive. As usual,
> just MHO.


d70s: no iso 100, no mirror lock up as far as i can tell, no 8mp, dont know
about vertical grip.

check http://tinyurl.com/576ra - youll find the specs only here...

sid


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon D70s & Nikon AF-D lenses - Compatible? Ken M Digital Photography 16 01-24-2006 07:54 PM
[Ad] Nikon Capture Alternative - ToneUp for D70, D70s and D50. news@OxfordEye.co.uk Digital Photography 14 01-10-2006 04:14 PM
[Ad] Nikon Capture Alternative - ToneUp for D70, D70s and D50 released. news@OxfordEye.co.uk Digital Photography 0 10-13-2005 11:46 PM
comparison photos - Canon 20D, Nikon D70s, Canon 1DMkII, Nikon D2X with FILM gnnyman Digital Photography 13 07-05-2005 02:54 PM
Nikon 8800 vs Nikon 990 vs Canon 8MP Rebel vs Nikon D70 fj40rockcrawler@gmail.com Digital Photography 10 06-07-2005 06:53 PM



Advertisments