Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > MACK warranty Alert!

Reply
Thread Tools

MACK warranty Alert!

 
 
Xman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005
If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not sure
they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three days. I
don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that specializes
and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area doesn't have a
working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up or make sense to
me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here
is what it says when you click on the link at www.mackcam.com to register
your extended warranty:


"MAINTENANCE ALERT!
March 27th, 2005


We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are unable
to process registrations for warranties or repair service. Further, we will
not be able to report repair status on-line during this update. We
apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
service, please try again later.

Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
today.



Sincerely,

MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
1-800-252-6225 "




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jose
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005
So is the short version that you procrastinated during the first 20 days of
the 30 day period, they're having computer problems, you haven't tried to
call them yet?

And you're ranting and spinning conspiracy theories why?


"Xman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
> MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not
> sure they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three
> days. I don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that
> specializes and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area
> doesn't have a working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up
> or make sense to me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register
> my warranty over the phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H
> photo video. I'm not just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to
> get done. Anyway, here is what it says when you click on the link at
> www.mackcam.com to register your extended warranty:
>
>
> "MAINTENANCE ALERT!
> March 27th, 2005
>
>
> We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are unable
> to process registrations for warranties or repair service. Further, we
> will not be able to report repair status on-line during this update. We
> apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
> If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
> service, please try again later.
>
> Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
> today.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
> 1-800-252-6225 "
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robert R Kircher, Jr.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005

"Xman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
> MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not
> sure they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three
> days. I don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that
> specializes and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area
> doesn't have a working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up
> or make sense to me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register
> my warranty over the phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H
> photo video. I'm not just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to
> get done. Anyway, here is what it says when you click on the link at
> www.mackcam.com to register your extended warranty:
>




I just registered my warranty w/ no problems. Received email confirmation
as well.

--

Rob



 
Reply With Quote
 
Scott Schuckert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Xman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ...Just doesn't add up or make sense to
> me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
> phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
> just going to waste spending $180...


Relax. I know the owner of Mack Camera personally, and they're not a
faceless corporation - if the registration server is down they're AWARE
of it, and won't use a technicality to invalidate your warranty.

You should try the telephone before using the sometimes inflammatory
word "Alert" on usenet.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Big Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-28-2005
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:52:46 -0500, "Xman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
>MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not sure
>they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three days. I
>don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that specializes
>and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area doesn't have a
>working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add up or make sense to
>me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over the
>phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
>just going to waste spending $180. Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here
>is what it says when you click on the link at www.mackcam.com to register
>your extended warranty:


As of now, the page comes up.
Stop being such a baby, and try again, just like they said.
>
>
>"MAINTENANCE ALERT!
> March 27th, 2005
>
>
> We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are unable
>to process registrations for warranties or repair service. Further, we will
>not be able to report repair status on-line during this update. We
>apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
> If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
>service, please try again later.
>
> Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
>today.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
> 1-800-252-6225 "
>
>
>


--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Xman@cdripper.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
I'm sorry...do a google search on them and you'll see they do have issues
with how long it takes for a repair, let alone doing it right to begin with.
I'm not saying it for myself...just read the history...it's all there on
google groups.

"Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d27vrd$17ul$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So is the short version that you procrastinated during the first 20 days
> of the 30 day period, they're having computer problems, you haven't tried
> to call them yet?
>
> And you're ranting and spinning conspiracy theories why?
>
>
> "Xman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you are planning on purchasing a MACK extended warranty be aware that
>> MACK's home page is UNABLE to register your warranty online and I'm not
>> sure they are able to do it over the phone. It's been like that for three
>> days. I don't know about you, but it seems a little weird a company that
>> specializes and sells warranties literally all over the tri-state area
>> doesn't have a working website to register a warranty. Just doesn't add
>> up or make sense to me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can
>> register my warranty over the phone...if not I have to return the
>> warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not just going to waste spending $180.
>> Some thing has to get done. Anyway, here is what it says when you click
>> on the link at www.mackcam.com to register your extended warranty:
>>
>>
>> "MAINTENANCE ALERT!
>> March 27th, 2005
>>
>>
>> We are in the process of upgrading our computer system and are
>> unable to process registrations for warranties or repair service.
>> Further, we will not be able to report repair status on-line during this
>> update. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
>> If you would like to register your warranty, or arrange for repair
>> service, please try again later.
>>
>> Thank you for understanding and we hope to resolve these problems
>> today.
>>
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> MACK CAMERA & VIDEO SERVICE
>> 1-800-252-6225 "
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Xman@cdripper.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
I did a google news search on them and they don't have too many positive
feedback at all. Alot of ****ed off customer's. It's not me...go ahead, so
the search yourself and read the history. Since you know the owner
yourself....bring this negativity to is attention and maybe he'll do some
thing about it. 6 weeks to fix a camera? That doesn't sound right to me.
Maybe a little over worked or too many warranty cards sent out that they can
handle.

"Scott Schuckert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:280320050917277775%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Xman
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> ...Just doesn't add up or make sense to
>> me. I am calling them tomorrow to see if I can register my warranty over
>> the
>> phone...if not I have to return the warranty to B&H photo video. I'm not
>> just going to waste spending $180...

>
> Relax. I know the owner of Mack Camera personally, and they're not a
> faceless corporation - if the registration server is down they're AWARE
> of it, and won't use a technicality to invalidate your warranty.
>
> You should try the telephone before using the sometimes inflammatory
> word "Alert" on usenet.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mack international warranty in the UK Fuji Owner Digital Photography 0 03-21-2007 10:39 PM
Mack Warranty for Canon S80 Chris Digital Photography 4 08-03-2006 01:55 PM
MACK WARRANTY??They don't do..(THE WARRANTY) Surreart Digital Photography 9 12-26-2005 03:34 PM
MACK extended Warranty... Xman Digital Photography 2 03-28-2005 07:34 AM
MACK 3 Year Extended International Warranty Matt Digital Photography 4 11-15-2004 11:41 PM



Advertisments