Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

marcsanders2003@yahoo.com

Hello,

When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
the error message:

Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.

There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
Pictures" had an illegal character.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Marc

CWCunningham

"Program files" and "My Pictures" have one thing in common ... the space.
When installing, just install to somewhere besides the default ... IE: C:\psp7
and this problem should disappear.

--
CWC
============================

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
| Hello,
|
| When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
| about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
| the error message:
|
| Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
|
| There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
| definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
| Pictures" had an illegal character.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| - Marc

Henry

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:

I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

You've crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing
to do with Paint Shop Pro.

Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before
Google will let you use their services ?

Steve

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
>
> There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
> definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
> Pictures" had an illegal character.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> - Marc

Try accessing the psp newsgroups at: cnews.corel.com . That is where the
psp newsgroups moved to and someone there can probably help.

Bill Hilton

>When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
>about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
>the error message

You are lucky it stops before actually loading. Unfortunately for me I
was able to load a trial copy. Then PSP wouldn't open any of my 16 bit
files so I had to use a real editor and convert them to 8 bits first.
Then it stripped off any ICC profiles I had tagged files with except
for sRGB. Then I deleted it from my system and all was well again.

Destin_FL

Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark room in
your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow believing that
society elected you the USENET cop. Here's a rule of thumb for the Usenet: If
you don't have a useful and helpful response for the original poster, don't
respond at all.

Tim

"Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KbZ0e.64$(E-Mail Removed)...
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:

I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

You've crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing
to do with Paint Shop Pro.

Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before
Google will let you use their services ?

Hecate

On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
>about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
>the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
>
>There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
>definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
>Pictures" had an illegal character.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect that it's due to the fact that you can't read, which is also
why you posted in a Photoshop newsgroup.

--

Hecate - The Real One
(E-Mail Removed)

Henry

Destin_FL wrote:

> Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark room in
> your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow believing that
> society elected you the USENET cop. Here's a rule of thumb for the Usenet: If
> you don't have a useful and helpful response for the original poster, don't
> respond at all.
>
> Tim

Thanks for telling me I can't protest when people crosspost.

I guess I should play by your rules then so people like
you don't come down on me.. huh ?

Not likely Tim. You ****ing tardo idiot !

chanakaya@gmail.com

Well Tim, Henery is right one should have some sense of what he is
doing, what's the logic between PSP and GIMP anyway??

Destin_FL

I agree with that completely.... there is no relation in the groups he
crossposted to. But folks should also try to remember that the entire purpose
of the usenet is to actually HELP people who need help. People who obviously do
not know as much as others, thus their asking the questions in the first
place.... The usenet has become FULL of people like Henry who fancy themselves
experts on not only certain topics, but the usenet itself. They then run amok
in the groups as self-appointed cops, berating the very people who need the help
the most for asking questions, or forming questions, in a way that the Henrys of
the world don't like.

Then they lower themsleves with lines like this one:
"Not likely Tim. You ****ing tardo idiot !"

Forever showing the rest of the world exactly the sort of person they are.
Alone, not loved or appreciated by anyone. What a sad shame. Yes, the original
poster could have done things better or at least differently, but he will more
likely become someone who just walks away feeling as though the usenet is full
of intolerable, hateful people. It is amazing how much effect a few really bad
apples have on such a great avenue of communication.