Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Expected versus Taken

Expected versus Taken

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

A photograph of 3 helicopters and as I was lowering the camera I
noticed the possibility of one more item going the opposite way. At
lower left corner (beside the real thing) a crop from the original
2048X1536 photograph.

Its amazing the difference of the picture expected and picture taken.

http://users.myqnet.gr/~natsinas/index03H.html

(2nd picture)

Mike

A "text trail" mouse cursor on a site where you want people to look at your
photographic work? That's a BAD idea! It's distracting.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> A photograph of 3 helicopters and as I was lowering the camera I
> noticed the possibility of one more item going the opposite way. At
> lower left corner (beside the real thing) a crop from the original
> 2048X1536 photograph.
>
> Its amazing the difference of the picture expected and picture taken.
>
> http://users.myqnet.gr/~natsinas/index03H.html
>
> (2nd picture)

Ron Hunter

> A photograph of 3 helicopters and as I was lowering the camera I
> noticed the possibility of one more item going the opposite way. At
> lower left corner (beside the real thing) a crop from the original
> 2048X1536 photograph.
>
> Its amazing the difference of the picture expected and picture taken.
>
> http://users.myqnet.gr/~natsinas/index03H.html
>
> (2nd picture)

One of the great joys of photography is that the camera often sees
things which your mind filtered out. Sometimes this is serendipitous,
sometimes it messes up the whole composition. But it's fun for
amateurs. Pros would just mask out the birds....

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Colin D

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> A photograph of 3 helicopters and as I was lowering the camera I
> noticed the possibility of one more item going the opposite way. At
> lower left corner (beside the real thing) a crop from the original
> 2048X1536 photograph.
>
> Its amazing the difference of the picture expected and picture taken.
>
> http://users.myqnet.gr/~natsinas/index03H.html
>
> (2nd picture)

Nice pictures, and get the duck! as you say. However, your website
takes an age - and many kilobytes - to load, even with a dsl
connection. I nearly abandoned waiting for it.

Colin

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

Thank you

arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr

It is now a must do (create separate pages)

Thanx

Destin_FL

I'm on cable internet in north florida.... the whole entire page took maybe 6 or
7 seconds to load.
But yeah, on DSL or dial-up it would be a bear.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
It is now a must do (create separate pages)

Thanx

Confused

In message <B8X0e.8995$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Pros would just mask out the birds....

I'd crop off the top and right. Then I'd mask out the scandinavian
vertical antenna. (surprised pros might miss that... heh)

I like the contrast of the birds... ;^)

Jeff

Confused

In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> It is now a must do (create separate pages)

The DSL speed was okay from this SoCal location. (IOW I didn't notice
it being slow.)

Jeff

Ron Hunter

Colin D wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>A photograph of 3 helicopters and as I was lowering the camera I
>>noticed the possibility of one more item going the opposite way. At
>>lower left corner (beside the real thing) a crop from the original
>>2048X1536 photograph.
>>
>>Its amazing the difference of the picture expected and picture taken.
>>
>>http://users.myqnet.gr/~natsinas/index03H.html
>>
>>(2nd picture)

> Nice pictures, and get the duck! as you say. However, your website
> takes an age - and many kilobytes - to load, even with a dsl
> connection. I nearly abandoned waiting for it.
>
> Colin

Must be the routing. Took about 3 seconds to load here (3mbps cable).

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)