Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Seek information on very basic digital camera for a friend

Seek information on very basic digital camera for a friend

MaryL

Can anyone recommend an ultra-cheap but reasonably good digital cameras for
*very* basic photography? I have a wonderful friend who is going through a
divorce. She is devastated -- one of those cases where she learned that he
has been carrying on an affair for 14 years! She had wanted a digital
camera for a long time, and her husband took it. She has also been left
with *very limited* financial resources. If I could find an inexpensive,
easy-to-use, yet reasonably good digital camera, I would get one for her as
a gift. This could be a camera without manual controls because I doubt that
she would make any use of that, but it would be nice if there were some sort
of (limited) telephoto capability.

Thanks,
MaryL

Robert Barr

Fuji A205.

About $70 on ebay, but add the cost of a memory card & NiMH batteries.

Outstanding quality on the cheap.