Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP - Is A&M photo world a trusted place to buy stuff from?

HELP - Is A&M photo world a trusted place to buy stuff from?

BubsterB

Guys,
I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really low
compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some feedback
before I did anything.

Thanks.

Steven M. Scharf

"BubsterB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guys,
> I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
> www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really low
> compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some feedback
> before I did anything.

They are not a trusted place.

http://resellerratings.com/seller1988.html

Jim

"BubsterB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guys,
> I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
> www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really low
> compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some feedback
> before I did anything.
>
> Thanks.

Only B&H and Adorama get good reviews for honesty. I only buy from B&H (or
locally) whether they are the cheapest or not.
Jim

cluedweasel

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:19:30 GMT, BubsterB <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Guys,
> I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
>www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really low
>compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some feedback
>before I did anything.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Eric Babula

"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Zvi0e.1040$(E-Mail Removed) :

> "BubsterB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Guys,
>> I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
>> www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really
>> low compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some
>> feedback before I did anything.
>>
>> Thanks.

> Only B&H and Adorama get good reviews for honesty. I only buy from
> B&H (or locally) whether they are the cheapest or not.
> Jim

There are others out there that get decent ratings, too:

butterflyphoto.com
buydig.com
newegg.com
(three that come to mind - don't know their exact ratings tho)

Check out the Store's ratings on www.resellerratings.com before you buy.
Good luck shopping!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

clutch@lycos.com

BubsterB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Guys,
> I want to get a Nikon D70 kit and saw that
>www.amphotoworld.com has the kit for $654.00. This seemed really low
>compared to B&H and others and I just wanted to get some feedback
>before I did anything.
>
> Thanks.

Having had been burned once at a similar lowballer, I just go to BH
now and be happy.

One bad deal and the hassle of trying to resolve it, if you can, will
be a learning experience you will wish you only read about.

Wes