Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Platform Dilemmas

Platform Dilemmas

Ohsojourner

I have an older laptop running on Mac OS 9.1. The reason I've kept it
as OS 9 is because I have some useful software (including website
making apps) that would be costly to replace right now. I'm thinking of
going on the road soon and am buying a Nikon D70 digital camera for the
trip. I noticed that some of the compatible memory cards (e.g. Lexar)
state that it is only readable on OSX. Do the card readers require
specific platforms as well? Are there any devices that are more
universal? What about the portable hard drives (as advertised in
MacMall in the camera section?). Can anyone offer more information?