Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I just bought a Nikon D70

I just bought a Nikon D70

[BnH]

Very soon.

I can't tell you what Nikon has in the warehouse ... but it will break your
heart

=bob=

"Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
> discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone
> recommend?
> Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
> recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>
> by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
> store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via
> phone.

Sheldon

"Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
> discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone
> recommend?
> Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
> recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>
> by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
> store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via
> phone.

It's a great camera. Everybody was waiting for an upgrade to be announced
at the show but it didn't happen, so we all wait in anticipation.
Meanwhile, a lot of people, like myself, bought a D70, got the rebate (still
waiting for mine) and are enjoying the heck out of the camera. The only
thing that would make me trade it in would be an inexpensive Nikon dslr that
meters with the older AI lenses. Otherwise, it's hard to find anybody who's
not happy with their D70. Pretty much five stars all around when you look
at user comments.

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:55:23 GMT, "Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera.

> Has it arrived yet?
>
>>I heard that Nikon is discontinuing this item. Is this true?

> Eventually, everything gets discontinued. Is this a problem for you?
>
>>If so what does everyone recommend?

> Who cares, you bought it already.
>
>>Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
>>recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?

> Bit late to be asking that isn't it?
>
>>by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
>>store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via
>>phone.

> A quick google groups search of 'Berger Bros' shows them to be a less
> than reputable company to be dealing with.
>
> Reseller ratings: only 7.5/10 with 6 votes. Not good.
>
> --
> Owamanga!
> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Berger Bros is a Long Island shop and around here they've been known as
reputable. For my money, I shop right up the block at Cameta Camera.

C J Campbell

"Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
> discontinuing this item.

Without a source no one has any idea how reliable such a rumor is. My guess
is that the D70 will not be replaced for at least a year. The D100 is well
overdue for replacement, being much older than the D70, and Nikon has not
even hinted at when that camera will be replaced. Heck, the D2H is even
longer in the tooth than that -- the D2Hs is more like a minor version fix
than it is a replacement. Sort of the D2H ver. 1.01.

No matter. If the D70 is discontinued tomorrow, is your camera any less of a
camera than it was today?

Pete D

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:17:26 GMT, "Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Pity so many useless dickheads like this troll buy them.

> Why? It reduces the price for everyone else. Economy of scale.
>
> That's why junk mail doesn't bother me - it's paying for the postman
> to come to my door every day.

HAHA. in this country the postman does not deliver the junk mail, speedy
idiots on small motorbikes do.

Boch

This is not the days of the K-1000..Sure it will be replaced...So what?
Believe it or not--most of us...wait until the shine wears of....then we
buy...

--
_________________-
BOCH
"Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
> discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone
> recommend?
> Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
> recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>
> by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
> store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via
> phone.

Korbin Dallas

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:55:23 +0000, Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com wrote:

> I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
> discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone recommend?
> Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
> recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>
> by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
> store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via phone.

The rate of development of new digital photo technology makes a
digital camera outdated in a few months.

I own several digital cameras and the D-70 was the next step, its a great
camera and I suspect it will be my main digital camera for several years
to come up until until the price point on a >12 Mega pixel Nikon SLR
comes into my price range.

--
Korbin Dallas
The name was changed to protect the guilty.

Ben Thomas

Korbin Dallas wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:55:23 +0000, Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com wrote:
>

>>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
>>discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone recommend?
>>Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
>>recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>>
>>by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
>>store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via phone.

> The rate of development of new digital photo technology makes a
> digital camera outdated in a few months.
>
> I own several digital cameras and the D-70 was the next step, its a great
> camera and I suspect it will be my main digital camera for several years
> to come up until until the price point on a >12 Mega pixel Nikon SLR
> comes into my price range.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's just a shame that I had to make the costly
mistake of buying a high end ($ wise) point-and-shoot less than 18 months before
I bought my D70.

Ben

Oliver Costich

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:30:03 GMT, Ben Thomas <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Korbin Dallas wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:55:23 +0000, Rob Taormina via PhotoKB.com wrote:
>>

>>>I just bought a Nikon D70 from Berger Bros. Camera. I heard that Nikon is
>>>discontinuing this item. Is this true? If so what does everyone recommend?
>>>Berger Bros. Camera gave me a fantastic price on this item..but would you
>>>recommend getting a different camera or this camera a perfect fit?
>>>
>>>by the way, if you want this camera. They were selling it on their ebay
>>>store. and I just called them up and bought it from their store via phone.

>> The rate of development of new digital photo technology makes a
>> digital camera outdated in a few months.
>>
>> I own several digital cameras and the D-70 was the next step, its a great
>> camera and I suspect it will be my main digital camera for several years
>> to come up until until the price point on a >12 Mega pixel Nikon SLR
>> comes into my price range.
>>

>I'm in the same boat as you. It's just a shame that I had to make the costly
>mistake of buying a high end ($ wise) point-and-shoot less than 18 months before
>I bought my D70.
>
>Ben

Do what I did. Give it to your wife or girlfriend

Ben Thomas

Oliver Costich wrote:

> Do what I did. Give it to your wife or girlfriend

I get to take the older one with me everyday if I want, and she can have the D70
to take better photos of our kids. That was the main reason for the DSLR actually.