Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > raw question 300d

raw question 300d

bruce james

Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
newbee anyone know how to please?

Pete D

"bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d1jnke$78v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
> newbee anyone know how to please?

Usually selecting RAW mode overrides all others. RAW is RAW.

My View

RAW only applies to Creative modes (ie P, Tv, Av, M and A-DEP).
RAW images cannot be made in the Basic auto modes.
If you select RAW then in the auto modes the image type will change to JPEG
Large (ie minimal in-camera compression/manipulation).
Refer 300D manual page 122 - Quality v Mode Dial info at top. Also refer
300D manual page 47 (second paragraph).

PeterH

"bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d1jnke$78v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
> newbee anyone know how to please?

bruce james

Thanks apreciate.
"My View" <reply to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kwd%d.4954$(E-Mail Removed)...
> RAW only applies to Creative modes (ie P, Tv, Av, M and A-DEP).
> RAW images cannot be made in the Basic auto modes.
> If you select RAW then in the auto modes the image type will change to

JPEG
> Large (ie minimal in-camera compression/manipulation).
> Refer 300D manual page 122 - Quality v Mode Dial info at top. Also refer
> 300D manual page 47 (second paragraph).
>
> PeterH
>

> "bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d1jnke$78v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I

am
> > newbee anyone know how to please?

My View

No problems - I've had the 300D for 15 months now and love it.
If you don't already know, the best forum for posting/reviewing 300D related
questions is at "dpreview".
Just click here http://tinyurl.com/37pcz
regards
PeterH
(some of my shots are here http://www.pbase.com/pshardie )

"bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d1jofm$bki$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks apreciate.
> "My View" <reply to (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kwd%d.4954$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> RAW only applies to Creative modes (ie P, Tv, Av, M and A-DEP).
>> RAW images cannot be made in the Basic auto modes.
>> If you select RAW then in the auto modes the image type will change to

> JPEG
>> Large (ie minimal in-camera compression/manipulation).
>> Refer 300D manual page 122 - Quality v Mode Dial info at top. Also refer
>> 300D manual page 47 (second paragraph).
>>
>> PeterH
>>

>> "bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d1jnke$78v$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I

> am
>> > newbee anyone know how to please?

Shawn Hearn

In article <d1jnke$78v$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"bruce james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
> newbee anyone know how to please?

Read the manual. Raw mode is not available in every mode.