Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network goes down when 2 PCs connected

Network goes down when 2 PCs connected

Bobby

Hi. I'm running a laptop and desktop system off a Belkin wireless
modem/router. Both PC and laptop have Belkin wireless cards (54g).

The network is fine when only one machine is connected but frequently goes
down when both machines are connected. Any idea why?

I have to reset the router before the machines reconnect to the Net.

Cheers.

Bobby

moon~shadow

"Bobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I'm running a laptop and desktop system off a Belkin wireless
> modem/router. Both PC and laptop have Belkin wireless cards (54g).
>
> The network is fine when only one machine is connected but frequently goes
> down when both machines are connected. Any idea why?
>
> I have to reset the router before the machines reconnect to the Net.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby
>
> I had a similar problem and when I rang Belkin I was advised to go to

192.168.2.1 site, select Connection type, internet Wan and in these settings
there is a box for Idle Time (minute). I was to set this to 0 and leave my
router on all the time - no more problems since.

Hope this may help.

=?Utf-8?B?UlY=?=

I have a Linksys Router, and It used to do something similar to what you
describe. What I did was update the firmware of the router, and it stopped.
Maybe that will help.

"moon~shadow" wrote:

> "Bobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi. I'm running a laptop and desktop system off a Belkin wireless
> > modem/router. Both PC and laptop have Belkin wireless cards (54g).
> >
> > The network is fine when only one machine is connected but frequently goes
> > down when both machines are connected. Any idea why?
> >
> > I have to reset the router before the machines reconnect to the Net.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Bobby
> >
> > I had a similar problem and when I rang Belkin I was advised to go to

> 192.168.2.1 site, select Connection type, internet Wan and in these settings
> there is a box for Idle Time (minute). I was to set this to 0 and leave my
> router on all the time - no more problems since.
>
> Hope this may help.

Bobby

I have the latest firmware update - I think (downloaded January 2004).
Unless Belkin has released a newer version in the last few months?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...