Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Do You have Minolta F100 Camera?

Do You have Minolta F100 Camera?

Markku V.

If you have Minolta F100 you must have noticed the 'Barrel Distortion' in
pictures taken with it espcially with 'wide lens'.

There is a possibility to get a camera lens calibration file that could be
used with PTlens to easily correct photos:

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

In the site there is a link to 'calibration' and there you will find
information about how to get the calibration file to any camera.

I do have F100 and I took many pictures but Mr. Niemann could not calibrate
F100 with using them because there were not enough accurate vertical and
horizontal lines in my photos. The problem here is that I live in the
northernmost Finland and there are no modern buildings (which are very good
target to photos when it comes to lens calibrating) here at all.

So if you could take about dozen pictures of modern building (see the
instructions from the site) with F100 and let Mr. Niemann analyze them.
Then you and me everyone else having F100 would be very thankful to you.

Markku Virtanen

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:25:31 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Markku V."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

ormation about how to get the calibration file to any camera.

>I do have F100 and I took many pictures but Mr. Niemann could not calibrate
>F100 with using them because there were not enough accurate vertical and
>horizontal lines in my photos. The problem here is that I live in the
>northernmost Finland and there are no modern buildings (which are very good
>target to photos when it comes to lens calibrating) here at all.

Why not use graph paper?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Markku V.

Ed Ruf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Why not use graph paper?

Because the camera to subject distance should be at least 50 feet.

Markku Virtanen